Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Aubrey's Nursery

I've been meaning to post pictures of Aubrey's nursery for some time. I had so much fun decorating and thanks to all that helped in the process. A special thank you goes to my mother-in-law, Carol, who made the dust ruffle, curtains, valance, and changing pad covers. It's like a custom made nursery! Fabulous!! We were getting creative with space and managed to turn our laundry room into a nursery. I think it's actually going to work pretty well for the next 6 months before we move to Charlotte. It has great counter space, drawers and a sink. Not to mention it will be pretty darn easy to throw soiled stuff into the washing machine. Ha!
You can see the beautiful stuff Carol made plus Emily's quilt is laying on the back of the crib and the towels Sari made are hanging on the edge of the sink. :)

I also found quite a bit of stuff in our fabric on Etsy like the pillow you see in the crib.

Carol made two different changing pad covers and the brown pads are attached with velcro so if little Aubrey makes a mess, I can put on a new one (she made 4 brown pads!) while the dirty one is in the laundry. Genius!!

I used one of the extra curtain panels Carol made as the door to Aubrey's closet.

We're in pretty good shape on clothes! :)
Now we just need our little bundle to put in this nursery! I'll keep you all posted. My due date is this coming Monday. I was 5 days late with Kinsley so we'll see what happens with this one. I thought we had a green light last night because I had about 2 hours of 6min apart contractions but they dissipated and I finally fell asleep. Soon enough. :)
C

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So exciting! And that's such a creative solution for Aubrey's nursery. I love the brown pads on the changing pad. They're so much more attractive than the ones we have. Aubrey has such a stylish room!

Katie said...

A-dorable!! I love the fabric! You can not even tell it is not a real bedroom! I mean, it is totally a real bedroom! Can't wait to hear about her arrival! Prayers!

David and Lesley said...

Gorgeous! :)