If you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you!
Who can name that tune?!? It's an oldie but a goodie. I actually know this song from a record (yes, I was born in 1980!), that was called "A Christmas Together" featuring John Denver and The Muppets. Miss Piggy sang "Christmas is Coming" with some other muppets as back-up singers. I would play it over and over and laugh when Miss Piggy would continue to sing the song, even though the music had stopped playing. I loved that record.
Holidays do that... bring back memories, feelings and emotions. I am very fortunate in that I have many, many good Christmas memories with my family. Louie and I have been married for 8.5 years now and we are just now beginning to start some traditions of our own. Many of which will be a compilation of traditions from both his family and mine. This is our first year to be home for Christmas since Kinsley was born. She's really into the Christmas spirit. She knows that once all the Advent boxes are turned around we'll celebrate Jesus' birthday. Actually, she says "Baby Jesus' birthday." She is also very quick to add that Santa will come down the chimney and bring more PRESENTS (said with much gusto). I have gotten into the Christmas spirit as well. We decorated a tree for Kinsley a smaller fake one I used to have in my classroom. This is her tree that she can do with what she pleases. It's fallen over twice and currently has about 10 ornaments on it and 2 bracelets. She puts it to sleep each night when we turn off the lights and wakes it up most mornings when we turn on the lights. We decorated our family tree, hung stockings and put out a few decorations. I wanted to think of a creative way to display Christmas cards this year so I searched Pinterest (watch out - this website is addictive if you haven't already discovered it. It's basically virtual bulletin boards where one can store their own fabulous finds and look at others) and found a fun idea. Here are some of the pictures from our festive home. :)
Here's Kins playing one morning with her tree.
There are some decorative boxes that we put under the tree that she loves to stack and put her toys in.
This was our first attempt to place the angel on the tree. Kinsley placed it on a little too forcefully and it popped the angel's head off. We all thought it was pretty funny!
Here's attempt #2 after we had a discussion about gently placing the angel on the tree. It was a success.
Kinsley admiring her work. She was really proud of herself and has been talking about how she put the angel on the top of the tree ever since. :)
My favorite spot in the house where I can see all the Christmas decor. :)
Our downstairs set-up.
The "no-touch" family tree. :)
It's hard to see in this picture but if you look closely,
you can see the cards hanging from the banister.
Here's a closer view.
Here's our card on display. :)
SANTA
We have visited Santa a couple of times at various events but yesterday I got Kinsley dressed in her Christmas dress and we headed to the mall to do the whole picture thing. I didn't really get any good shots and I didn't like the pictures Santa's elves took but it was fun none the less.
Santa evidently resides in FL when he's not working at the North Pole and he has to get his (real) hair done every morning at the salon at the mall. He had a "nice list" stamp for Kinsley and was sure to write down the kids' requests. He's a very good Santa.
Evidently, Aubrey had a wish list too! Hee-hee.
ORTHO WINTER PROM 2011
The first weekend in December, the ortho department had their annual holiday party. The ladies decided it should be called Ortho Prom and treated it as such. I headed over to Emily's house early to meet all the girls. We did each other's hair and make-up and got all dolled up. Then the boys came and picked us up (minus corsages, I might add!) and we headed out to eat. We had a great time at dinner and then headed over to the Rochester Art Center for the party. After that we headed back to our dinner spot for more socializing. I'm proud to say that I made it out later than a lot of the other couples... I'm guessing this had to do with the fact that I wasn't drinking. Funny how we really can't "party" the way we used to. We were still home by 12:30 which is early by college standards. :) Anyway, we did have a great time and it was truly bittersweet walking to the car that evening. It's hard to believe that we've completed another one of our "lasts" for the year.
Mel, me, Sari, Rebecca, Emily, Danielle and Anne.
Sari did my hair!! Yes, another Pinterest find.
More of the ortho ladies!
Me and my lovely date. (Yes... I know, I'm VERY preggers.)
At dinner with Lou.
Louie decided that any time I ask him to take a picture, he's going to take one of himself first. Very flattering pic, Lou. :)
LAST MUSIC CLASS of 2011
Kinsley has really enjoyed her music class. She talks about Miss Brenda and playing the instruments (especially the lollipop drum), and loves the songs and dancing. Last Thursday, we had our last class of 2011 and parents were encouraged to come and take pictures/record their little ones moving and grooving.
Jamming out on the lollipop drum.
Really concentrating in this one.
Intently focusing on the chaquitas.
SPECIAL GIFT FROM GREAT-GROMMIE
My grandmother, affectionately known as Grommie, had a very special painting made for Kinsley for her second birthday. After she saw how much fun Kinsley had in Florida on the beach, her good friend and very talented buddy named David, painted a beach scene for Kinsley from Grommie. It's such a special gift and Kinsley was so excited to get it. She loves to count the cars and talk about all the different colors in "Kinsley's painting" (what she calls it). The actual title of the painting is "Kinsley's Life is Beachy Keen." Cute huh?!? :)
Checking out her painting.
Talking about the colors.
Giving the painting a kiss. :)
Thanks Grommie!! Such a special gift that she'll always have!
BABY NEWS
Nothing too exciting happening on the baby front. I am making some progress with my last OB check (I'm going weekly now) at 1cm and 50% effaced. I go again on Tuesday and will be a little over 38 weeks! I'm very ready to meet this little one but I also know this is the calm before the storm... just meaning I know things are going to be very chaotic and the sleepless nights (and days) are soon to begin. I packed my hospital bag last week and think I have everything pretty much in order. I still have a few gifts to wrap but other than that, we are anxiously awaiting her arrival. I'll keep everyone posted. :)
CHRISTMAS PLANS
Louie's parents arrive this Friday and will celebrate Christmas with us. Kinsley has been talking about Shorty and G for the past couple of weeks. She has big plans which include playing a lot of trains. She also informed me the other night that Kinsley will be staying home with Shorty and G when Mommy and Daddy go to the doctor so Aubrey can come out. I have not had a discussion with her about this but apparently my child has been paying attention to my "grown-up" discussions with friends. She's right, depending on when I go into labor, either Shorty and G or my mom (who arrives Jan 3, the day after my due date) will be staying home with Kins while we're at the hospital. Kinsley is also very excited about my mom coming up and has plans to play trains with her too. :) Either way, lots of love and fun from the grandparents for Kinsley as long as I can hold off until this coming Friday.
I hope everyone has a very happy and blessed Christmas and makes many wonderful memories this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment