Wednesday, December 7, 2011

36 Weeks and a Baby Sprinkle!

This past Monday, I was 36 weeks! I'm still amazed at how quickly this pregnancy is flying by. That being said, I'm also starting to feel READY. Not mentally or emotionally ready, but physically. Luckily, my doc prescribed some medication for heartburn at my last visit and I haven't had ANY since I started taking the medication. Soooo thankful for that!  I also have not had the swelling that I had with Kinsley. I'm not sure if it was how Kins was positioned or what the difference was, but my feet managed to swell to a size that I didn't think was possible... with Aubrey I might be a little swollen at the end of the day but can still see my ankles and ankle bones. Yay! On the other hand, I have had an amazing amount of pressure with this pregnancy. So much so, that it's starting to effect my ability to walk and get things done. I can get one big task done a day and then I'm done being on my feet. This works well for Kinsley's classes because I can still do them with her, but once we get home I need to sit for the rest of the day. I've been finding things to do at the computer (like blogging, Christmas shopping, etc) but the house is suffering. Laundry and dust bunnies have taken over and I'm trying to think of creative ways to get back on top of things.  So far that means Louie will carry the dirty laundry downstairs in the AM, I will wash and fold it, and he will carry everything back up in the PM. He also said he's going to take over the grocery shopping as long as I can put together a list. I know we'll have a whole new set of challenges when Aubrey gets here so I'm doing my best to keep some perspective... I'm not on bed rest and I have a healthy little girl bouncing around in there. I really am very thankful. :)
This past Sunday my Rochester girlfriends threw me a "baby sprinkle." We decided that with second babies we still wanted to do something but wanted to tone things down, so we went from a shower to a sprinkle. Ha!! It was a fabulous afternoon and I was again blown away by the support and generosity shown by our Rochester "family." They have truly been my family away from home and I lean on them daily for support. Thanks so much ladies for all the LOVE!!
Some of the ladies at the sprinkle. Emily flashing a big grin for the camera. :)

Pink, pink, pink! Yummy dessert table.

I forgot to take a pic before we all dove into the food, but wanted to share anyways because they served all tex-mex food! They know I love me some mexican food. 7 layer dip, queso, guac, salsa, etc. So delicious!! Thank goodness I had already started my heartburn meds! Ha!

More of the ladies in front of the gifts. :)

Opening the gifts. So fun and crazy! I feel like I was just opening gifts for Kinsley's shower (in the same shirt, I might add!!).

My new diaper bag... and yes, if you know me well, I do have a bit of a diaper bag obsession. Don't worry Dad and Leigh Ann, the Coach will still go to good use!! :) This one has a backpack feature, which I'm hoping will help free up both hands while juggling a newborn and a toddler wearing all our winter gear. 

Sari made Aubrey a hooded towel, washcloth, burp cloths, and wipes and diaper caddy all in our nursery fabrics! Yahoo! Sari- you are seriously, sooo talented!!
Emily made Aubrey a quilt in our fabrics/colors! I just love Kinsley's quilt she made us and am so excited to have this one for Aubrey! It's amazing!
Not a bad pic for using the timer! Way to go girls!! At this point Ruth, Traci, and Lesley had already had to scoot but we got the majority of us. :) Love you girls!!
(From L to R: Top Row - Anne, Ceci (our amazing sitter as well as a good friend!), Melissa, Sari, Rebecca Erica. Bottom Row- Emily, Me, Danielle w/ Sydney, Kristen and her little cutie Halle in the front.)

1 comment:

Katie said...

That blanket is awesome!!! What great friends you have. So blessed!!