Friday, August 26, 2011

Watch Me Grow! Age 2

I finally got around to taking Kinsley's Watch Me Grow pictures. There is a big difference between asking her to sit at age 2 versus 1.5. She actually listens... Ha! She is such a big girl and I had to include some of the outtakes because, well, she is just so darn cute! :)
2 years old!

1.5 years old

1 year old
Kinsley had her 2 year check up last week and is measuring in the 66th% for weight at 27lbs 14oz and the 90th% for height (!!) at 35 1/2 inches. She did great at this appointment. I was so proud of her come shot time because after I told her that it was going to hurt for just a minute, she made a little ouch noise when she got her shot and that was it! What a big girl! This is the first time we didn't have lots of tears for shots.

At 2 years Kinsley:
  • is the most chatty 2 year old I have ever met... she comes by it honestly but my goodness, this child NEVER stops talking. Anything that pops into her brain, she says. Anything she sees, she comments on, even if no one is listening. The only time she is quiet is when she is sleeping or she has a paci in her mouth (haven't braved that one yet...).
  • shows almost no interest in the potty. We've back tracked a little since we introduced the concept to her. It was novel at first and now it's just much easier to go in her diaper. In fact, when I sit her on the potty when she needs to go, she will tell me "diaper on, diaper on." I'm taking the laid back approach with this and we'll see how it goes. It would be nice to have her potty trained prior to Aubrey's arrival but if if doesn't happen, that's okay too. She won't start school in diapers. :)
  • still goes to bed (8pm-7:30am) and nap time (usually 2-4:30) like a champ. I lay her in her bed, tell her "love you and I'll see you in a bit" and she lays quietly in there until she falls asleep. She's been doing this since about 8 months and has meant great sleeping for mama. This is especially nice in the morning when preggo mama wants to sleep in. She usually just lays in there until I come to get her. Not sure if this is going to last but sure love it right now. 
  • can say almost the whole alphabet. She usually gets tripped up at "w, x, y, and z." Can count to 14 semi-consistently.
  • loves to sing and dance. Her all time favorite right now is Justin Bieber's "Baby, Baby" but also loves "Row, Row Your Boat," "Twinkle, Twinkle" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider."
  • is, unfortunately, a pickier eater than I am. :( She has some major texture issues and I know she has learned them from me. I've tried to be a good role model but have dropped the ball I guess. She still gets a balanced diet but we have had to get creative about getting in the fruits and veggies. This girl loves dairy (yogurt, milk, cheese) and spits out anything green... sound familiar? Sigh.
  • has a very strong personality! I have a video clip of Kinsley showing off her bold personality. The video is long (about 3 1/2 min) so don't feel obligated. She's being a total goof ball, making up words at the beginning and towards the end, she bops the camera which warrants a time to "think about it" or in her words a "bink about it" moment. She usually walks herself up to her room and sits on her rug to bink about it but she just takes a moment to bink about it in the video. Love this discipline model by the way! It's called "Love and Logic" and it's been very stress-free and effective. My kind of discipline model. :)



We love this sweetheart more than words can say and she makes us laugh multiple times a day! It's bittersweet watching her grow and change so much almost daily, but I feel so blessed to be able to witness all these changes. Love you sweet Kinsley!!

Outtakes:
Sooooo tall.

Where do you want me to put my arms, Mom? Like this??

Posing with Tout.

Tout is wondering what is happening here and why does he always get roped into these crazy pictures?!?

Our old man and our big girl.
Have a great weekend!
Love,
C

No comments: