Monday, August 8, 2011

Aubrey update and Mimi and Rah-rah come to visit!

My mom and sister, Sarah came to visit over the weekend. They arrived Thursday to hear the good news about our anatomy ultra-sound that day. We confirmed that we are having a girl and she was measuring just perfectly! We had a student who did the first part of the u/s so she was very slow which was GREAT for me (not so great for post-call Louie) because I got to watch Aubrey moving around in there. We're in love already! We also got good news about the placenta, which has moved up and is not connected to my cervix. Yay! They had trouble getting any good shots of her heart and her profile so, although they think everything is fine, they want me to come back in for another big ultrasound at the end of August. Yay for me! I would do an u/s every week if I could. Louie said we couldn't buy one though... I don't know why.  My only current concern (I always have one or two) is that I've been having contractions since about 14 weeks. Some are a little more painful than others and I would say I have on average 1 about every hour.  The reassuring news is that there are no cervical changes and Baby Aubrey looks great! The doc is going to keep an eye on things. So, overall, things are good! Here are a couple of pics of our beautiful baby girl!

On Friday morning, my mom, sister, Kinsley and I took it easy. We went out for a yummy lunch and then ran a couple of errands. One of which included picking out fabric for Aubrey's nursery and quilt. I wanted something very different from Kinsley's nursery and am super excited about my decision.
The main color will be yellow and we'll accent with brown, blue, and red. Fun!
On Saturday morning, we went and took some family pictures. Rachel took the pictures again and I'm excited to see all of them once she's done editing. She sent this picture of Louie and Kinsley as a sneak peek. :)
Love these two!! :)
Saturday afternoon, we went to the RAC for a Mayo Welcome Fair. Kinsley had a blast and we had fun watching her!

Loving riding in the fire truck (aka: wee-oh bc that's the noise it makes).
She kept asking if she was moving.
Getting her first non-mommy manicure.

She kept holding her hands out afterwards saying "pretty!"
Getting ready for the pony ride.

Getting distracted by her pretty nails.

Not so sure what to think. :)
That evening we had a family birthday party for Kinsley, complete with her favorite dinner, cupcakes and presents. She was in heaven!

We made her favorite meal: hamburgers, beans and corn. As you can see by her tray and face, it was yummy!
Kinsley was in awe of her cupcake and candle. She's been singing happy birthday to Kinsley ever since!

Opening her Pooh decorated birthday gifts from Mimi.

She got 3 new Winnie the Pooh books and five characters from the movie. She's carried these toys around with her everywhere since she got them.

One of her new books. :)
Opening her new birthday cake set from Aunt Rah-rah. I've "eaten" about 35 slices of cake since she opened this toy. :)
Kinsley also got to open her birthday gift from us. We got a great deal on her gift and there was no shipping and no taxes! Only down side was Louie had to find time to put it together! As you can see from the video it was well worth the effort. She loves it! At one point she can't even get out a full word because she is so excited. :)

On Sunday we drove to the Cities for our annual Mall of America girl's trip! What a day! We shopped till we dropped! Kinsley has her fall, winter, and (hopefully) spring wardrobe taken care of and I got a few winter maternity items since my maternity clothes from Kinsley are from opposite seasons. We had a blast and even though we didn't get home until 6 that evening, Kinsley did great! I have to say I'm going to miss this trip. This was our last one in MN. We will have to carry on the tradition in Charlotte and then back in Texas when we move back.
Sarah was the only one who thought to take a picture all day! What a cute pic it is too!! :)
I can't believe I don't have any pictures of my mom!! I'll hopefully have some good ones to share when we get the family pictures from Rachel. Sorry Mom!! (By the way, I do have you and Sarah on video singing Wii American Idol but I don't think either of you would appreciate it if I post that one!! Ha!!)

Sarah and Mom left today to get back for Sarah's crazy schedule. Sarah moves into her new place tomorrow and starts work week for Sorority Rush on Wednesday. In between all this and her new Pom schedule, we were lucky to find a few days to get together at all. I'm so proud of Sarah for all she has accomplished. She is such a hard worker and is beautiful both inside and out!
Here is Sarah in her new UT Pom uniform! Watch for her on TV come football season!!
As for my sweet husband Louie, he's hanging in there. We are on month five of an every 4th night call schedule and he's pretty worn down both physically and mentally.  The past 3 calls he hasn't been able to sleep a wink so that means he's been up for close to 30 hours straight every 4th day. He came home today and was the most exhausted that I've ever seen him on any rotation. I think he might be getting sick... The really hard thing right now is that he is either at work or if he's home, he's sleeping. Kinsley always asks me "Daddy sleeping?" and if I say no, she says "Daddy work?" This too shall pass but I wish I knew how to make things a little better for him. I tried to get creative and bring him dinner or a dessert while he's on call but unfortunately he's been so busy in the OR we can't coordinate a time for me to drop stuff off. I made him a count-down calendar so he can see that he is making progress and I think it helps a little. The good news is that when he takes his last call at the end of September, he's done taking over-night call for the duration of his residency. Yay! So I'll stay focused on that. In the meantime, prayers for strength both physically and mentally for Louie would be greatly appreciated.
The count down calendar I made Lou.
I'll leave you with this silly video that Sarah took of Kinsley this morning. Other than the birthday song, Kinsley's favorite is Justin Bieber's "Baby, Baby" song. Here she is singing her version of it.


That's it for now! Sorry for the long posts! That's what happens when I wait a few weeks in between postings. :) More to come soon for Kinsley's actual birthday on the 13th! I can't believe my baby's two! How did that happen?!?
Much love,
Catherine

1 comment:

yuan family said...

How fun to have family in town! I'm glad that everything is going well for you and Aubrey!