Just a quick Aubrey update. Things are moving right along. It's crazy how quickly the time is passing. With Kinsley I felt like each week just dragged on and with Aubrey I can't believe I'm already over half way! Our newest addition will be here before we know it!
I had a follow-up ultra sound at 21.5 weeks and everything looks perfect. No changes due to my contractions so that's good and I'll continue to pray that it stays that way. Aubrey wiggled around the entire time and again heard comments about how much of a mover she is... I'm really enjoying feeling her move around in there and Louie was able to feel her for the first time yesterday. I've felt her from the outside quite a bit but Louie's warm hands must have a calming effect on her because she has always stopped bouncing around as soon as he touches my stomach. I'm hoping this calming effect continues once she is born. :) Any ways, the ultra sound went well and we got a couple more pictures of her to share. I'm still not as impressed with the quality of these photos as I was with Kinsley's. I think we just got lucky and got some really great profile pics first time around, but here are a couple of my favorite.
 |
| Playing with her hands. |
 |
| Giving us the "thumbs up." Gig 'em Aggies! (Although you can't really see her face in this one.) |
 |
| Similar to the first shot. Playing with her hand. |
 |
| Bouncing around in there. |
We've started to prepare at home for our little one. We put the crib together yesterday and it was actually a lot of fun. Kinsley was very keen on helping Daddy make "Baby Aubee's bed." She was a good helper. We decided to purchase a crib for Aubrey because Kinsley is still doing great in her bed and since it converts to a toddler bed and a full bed, we figured we'd use all three conversions and not rush from one to the next.
As you will see from the pictures, Aubrey's nursery is in our laundry room. Yikes! Yes, I know it sounds strange but here's our thinking behind this one... She's not going to be in it very long since we are moving in less than a year, there is plenty of cabinet and counter space, it has a sink, there is also plenty of room for a crib and all nursery necessities, Kinsley gets to keep her room, and we will still have a guest room for when family comes to help OR I need to sleep downstairs to be closer to Aubrey. It will be chilly down there since Aubrey is due to arrive in the dead of winter but with a small heater, that room actually gets pretty toasty. This is the same room I used when I was watching Caleb and he seemed to love it. I plan to post a couple before and after pics once I get things put together so you can actually see what I'm talking about. :)
 |
| Handing Daddy the screws. |
 |
| She wanted to get IN Baby Aubee's bed. |
 |
| "I'll hold this here, Daddy." |
 |
| "Like this, Mommy?" |
Here are a couple of baby bump pics. One is a current pic at 23 weeks with Aubrey and the second is with Kinsley at 24.5 weeks. Good thing I explained this because you never would have guessed otherwise! :)
 |
| 23 weeks with Aubrey |
 |
| 24.5 weeks with Kinsley |
Love,
C
No comments:
Post a Comment