Friday, April 27, 2012

While Daddy's Away, the Girls Will Play!

Louie was presenting at a conference in Florida last weekend. We had originally planned on me and the girls going too but things are a little tight right now as we prepare for our move to Charlotte so we decided against it. We're going to try to get in a less expensive family trip to the Dells at the end of May if we can manage it... we'll see.
Any who, this was my first experience being completely alone with the girls for an extended period of time. It started out really well but Aubrey decided to throw me for a loop the second night Louie was gone. Almost immediately after posting her schedule in her 3 month blog update, she decided to prove me a liar and become Miss Fussbucket. She decided that getting up once a night was for the birds and that she would rather see what we were up to every 2 1/2 to 3 hours All. Night. Long. Gotta love those growth spurts. She also decided that she could no longer sleep any where but in her room in her swing. Sigh. This made things a little challenging as to getting out with Kinsley. I have to say Kinsley really was an angel during all of this. She would help me by getting a burp cloth for me or entertaining herself in the evening while I was trying to put Aubrey down for the fifth time! Double sigh. Our friend, Lesley was so sweet and offered to pick up Kinsley and take her out to Quarry Hill Park for the morning with her mom, son Caleb and her brand new little baby boy Josiah. Thanks Lesley!!
The day that Louie was traveling back, I was desperate with Aubrey and decided to give the pacifier another shot. She gave it up about a month ago, much to my chagrin, but she has decided that she now needs this thing to live. It was like magic. All of the sudden my happy baby is back and will sleep where ever while we are running around in the AM and will go back to sleep if I pop it in her mouth mid-nap. So alas, we now have another crutch. Swing. Swaddle. Heartbeat noise... and now Pacifier. As I type this, I am shaking my head. Bad, bad, Mama. I will regret this later I'm sure as I look at my toddler who just happens to have a pacifier in her mouth right now. Triple sigh.
On to the fun stuff... we did manage to have some fun while Louie was away and I tried to take some photos of the ruckus. Enjoy!
After Aubrey finally fell asleep one night, Kinsley and I built a "cave" and read books before bed time. She was in heaven.

We met some friends at the new Rochester Children's Museum. 

The activities were just right for my almost 3 year old. 

The rice table was a big hit.


This is how Miss A toured the Children's Museum... my little peanut is starting not to be so little anymore. :(

Love this picture of her... she licking the spatula after we made some chocolate chip blondie brownies. 

I stole this idea from Pinterest. Paint in a gallon size ziplock bag taped to the counter.  No mess painting is my kind of painting. 

I decided to be patriotic and try red, white and blue for bag #2.  I have to add - look how long her hair is!! I love that I can pull it back in a pony now. :)


She also got to explore how colors mix and make new colors.  Pretty cool. 
Lastly, here is a video of Aubrey at almost 4 months bouncing away. Such a happy baby!



Here is Kinsley at 5 months in the exact same outfit doing the same thing. My goodness time flies.


Have a great weekend!
Love,
Catherine

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks like y'all has fun even if the nights were rough!! Miss y'all!!!

David and Lesley said...

We loved our play date - let's do it again soon! :) You are doing such a great job with both girls, and they are so sweet.