Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Potty Training... or not!

We've been trying all kinds of magical potty tricks in the Stryker house lately but none of them seem to get things going (both literally and figuratively) for Miss Kins.
We've got the super cool Lightening McQueen potty - pull the handle and it goes "vroom, vroom!"

We've got the cute princess potty (that makes a cute princess twinkle sound when you press the button).

We've got the appropriate reading material (the "Potty Book" is in there too!).

We've got the chart with all the family pictures so she can call one person after she has a success. As you can tell by the stars, we've only had 5 successes.
We also have the potty apron that Mom puts on anytime Kinsley is giving it a go. There are yummy treats in the pocket of that apron... she's had 5 of those.

There has been lots of positive talk and modeling (too much info?!?) but alas, my independent, stubborn little 2 1/2 year old says she would rather "go in my diaper."

I think she (and probably Mommy and Daddy too) might enjoy the "saggy diaper dance" a bit too much! See video below.


She won't start Kindergarten in diapers but I'm not seeing a light at the end of this tunnel quite yet. I'll keep you posted. :)

1 comment:

yuan family said...

That video is hilarious. You need to save that for her wedding video someday! Hang in there...I bet she will be ready soon.