Sorry it's been a while since my last post. I've been... ummmm... not blogging. No excuse. I've had time but have found other things to do with my time. I'm into full swing nesting mode and working on getting the house both ready for Aubrey and ready to sell. Louie cleaned and organized the garage last weekend so that we could move stuff out of the utility room and store it in the garage. The retaining wall is being fixed as I type and some of the big things have been purchased and assembled for the nursery. Oh, and I also got all my memorabilia stuff boxed up and put away to make room for Aubrey's stuff in drawers and cabinets. My mother-in-law finished the changing pad covers and they look fabulous! I can't wait to put everything together and take some pictures. I love our fabric! :)
I was on the search for a "magic swing" (also known as a Fisher Price Cradle 'n Swing) and found one on Craigslist for half price. It was only used for four months by another Mayo resident couple so it's in great shape. I hope Aubrey loves the swing as much as Kinsley did. We'll see...
This one can plug into the wall instead of only relying on 4 size D batteries so hopefully we won't be making as frequent trips to Walmart to replenish the battery stock.
Our most exciting news is that with the end of September also comes the end of OTS (ortho trauma service). I can not tell you how excited we are to have the last 6 months behind us. Louie took his last call on Tuesday evening. This was his last overnight hospital call that he will ever take in residency. His next 3 rotations, or next 9 months, are day call only. Kinsley and I decided to throw Daddy a "Happy Last Call Day" party complete with cake, balloons and decorations. Kinsley was very excited and kept saying "happy birth-call day, Daddy!!" It was pretty cute. Here are a couple of pics from our preparations.
We had some decorations laying around the house, so while I was blowing up balloons that morning, Kins decided to put on all the celebration necklaces. She cracks me up! :)
We made Louie a cake to celebrate. Kinsley showed great restraint by not digging in until the next day. Part of the deal was she wanted Daddy to blow out a candle so she held out until he came home and then promptly told him, "cake, candle, taste."
I'm so proud of Louie for his hard work over the past 6 months. The last 3 have been particularly trying and stressful and he kept his head down and just kept on truckin'. One day he will have control over his own OR and schedule and this will be a very, very good thing. :)
To kick off September, Kinsley and I (Lou was at a conference) went to Tweite's Pumpkin Patch. It was too early for pumpkins yet, but we had a fun time exploring.
On the tractor ride. It turned out to be really warm that day. She loves her hat and wows (sunglasses) by the way. (Thanks Carol and Garvin!!)
Louie was able to get out early on a Sat morning (I think he rounded at like 4AM) to get a little goose hunting accomplished. I'm sure his patients loved his early morning rounds but at least he got a little hunting in. He hopes to get a little more in this fall before it's all said and done. He shot 3 geese on this last trip and we enjoyed some fried goose tenders with cream gravy shortly thereafter. Hunting is definitely not my deal, makes me a little queasy, but Louie comes home all smiles. It's good for his soul. :)
Louie and his pups. (Hope is not quite cut out for hunting.:) )
Last, but not least, here is a baby bump (although much larger than a bump I would say) pic. I made Lou take a picture of me at 24.5 weeks in exactly the same pose, clothes, etc. as I was with my 24.5wk with Kinsley picture. I can't believe I'm almost 27 weeks now!! Where has the time gone??
Pregnant with Kinsley at 24.5 weeks.
Pregnant with Aubrey at 24.5 weeks!
(Man, this shirt has faded!!) :)
We plan to have a gorgeous weekend celebrating Louie's completion of OTS. Our sitter, Ceci is coming over tomorrow night at 5pm so Lou and I can have a date night with steak and scotch (for him, of course) and then we're off to a hockey game. Should be fun!! Have a great weekend!!
3 comments:
What a great idea with the preggo pics! You look exactly the same size!
Have a fabulous date night celebration!! :)
Oh Katie! You're sweet... lying, but sweet! :)
Lesley- hope you guys get to celebrate too! It's a much deserved celebration for our boys!! :)
Post a Comment