Sunday, September 4, 2011

Wrapping up Summer :(

As September was fast approaching, we tried to do as many outdoor activities as possible. I'll let the pictures do most of the explaining. I'm very sad to see summer go... our last full summer in Rochester (craziness!!), but am excited for some of the activities and routine we have planned for the fall. Kinsley will be in a toddler soccer class on Monday mornings and a toddler "Romp and Roll" class on Wednesday mornings. We will have Bible study on Friday mornings and I will be available to substitute on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at our church preschool. I will continue with my afternoon Bible study on Monday afternoons and Louie and I will be attending a Love and Logic Discipline course on Wednesday evenings.  Should be fun and busy!! The craziness begins on Wednesday. Wish us luck!! :)

 DATE DAY:
Louie and I had the best date day! We were lucky enough to score some free tickets to the Twins/Yankees game and the weather was B-E-A-UTIFUL! You can see the reflection of the field in Louie's glasses. We chatted all the way there and back and had a wonderful dinner on a roof-top patio after the game. Such a nice little get-away for us.
 THE FARM
Our friend Emily was gracious enough to take us out to her family's farm. We had a blast!! Kinsley was so excited to see everything and try everything out.

Checking out one of the Gators.
Going for a ride with Emily's dad, AKA "Farmer." Kinsley called him Farmer the entire day. "Thank you for holding the door, Farmer." Ha!
Farmer gave us a ride on the ginormous tractor!
Kinsley was cautiously excited.
Headed down the road and back.
Seriously! Look at those tires!!
Sari and Witten's turn!


Witten loved his tractor ride!
Witten is still watching the tractor in this pic.
Emily was holding Baby Helen and Grandma King was taking care of Kylie indoors.
Brooke and Rachele were with us too! Kinsley loves these girls!!
Great place for some family photos. :)
We were able to get up close and personal with the cows. Farmer King put feed out on the trough and let us walk out there. The cows weren't so sure what to think of us.
Kinsley wasn't scared and headed straight out.... which caused....
A STAMPEDE!! Look at her hands! "What did I do???"
The dust was flying, cows were running, and Kinsley just couldn't understand what happened. It was hilarious!!!
The girls with Helen on our way back up to the house for a home cooked cowboy lunch made by Grandma King. No really, she made roast beef sandwiches on homemade rolls, homemade applesauce, beans, potato salad, barbeque sauce, apple pie, and cookies. It was sooooo yummy!! Thanks King family!! :)

GREEK FEST:
Kinsley apparently loves Greek music because she wouldn't stop dancing.
Showing off some of her signature moves.
Trying cotton candy for the first time. She was NOT a fan.
Second night at Greek Fest with one of her besties Ella. Witten was in the picture too but decided he didn't want to hold hands. He also tried to escape a kiss from Kinsley recently. I think Witten is not a big fan of girls right now... that will change. :)

LOUIE UPDATE:
Louie has started his LAST month of OTS (ortho trauma service) out of the SIX he started with. When he started month four, I made a count-down calendar that I mentioned in a previous post and, as you can see from the picture, he's made quite a bit of progress. I can't imagine what the "Days Down" page would look like if I had made this for all six months.
The orange post-its are July days, blue are August, purple are September and the yellow are call days. I still can't believe he started with close to 45 days of call and now he's down to 7 (including tonight). That's a month and a half he spent the night at the hospital and not at home. VERY ready for OTS to be over... and then... NO MORE CALL FOR THE REST OF RESIDENCY!!!! Yahoo!!!
That about covers what we've been up to lately. We hope everyone has a fabulous Labor Day!!
Love,
C

No comments: