Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Up, up, up?? Maybe?

We got just a little bit of snow over night last night. Louie, thankfully, plowed the driveway this morning.

Side note: I feel I should make a public apology to our neighbors.  Can you imagine your neighbor mowing their lawn at 4 in the morning but louder? That's pretty much what happens at our house but with the snow blower instead of a lawn mower when it snows.  Louie leaves for work between 5 and 5:30 every morning and if it snows over night he has to plow before he leaves or he can't get out or, for that matter, back up the driveway.  It's so loud and I feel so bad! He tried shoveling instead but unfortunately sometimes there is just too much snow.  SOOOOO SORRY neighbors!! If any of our Rochester friends have any other ideas let me know!

After plowing, we got just enough additional snow to make our driveway super slippery.  This exciting adventure takes place 8-10 times every winter. I used to really freak out trying to get up, but now I know with enough "I think I cans," I'll eventually make it up...usually.

Brooke was with us this morning and had been trying to catch Kinsley being cute. Instead, she caught our driveway adventure on camera. 

It's hard to see what's going on outside the car but Brooke does a pretty good job narrating. :) At the beginning she's cheering me on trying to get me pumped up to make it up the driveway. When the car goes crooked, it's because we slid down sideways and bumped into a snow bank. Ooops.   I usually end up backing into our neighbor's driveway across the street and trying to gain enough speed crossing the street to get up ours... Brooke finally gave up recording because the video clip was getting a little long but we did eventually make it up. )

1 comment:

yuan family said...

I can't believe you have to go through that to get in your garage. I definitely would have given up!