Since returning from Tahoe and recovering from Kinsley's illness, we have been keeping ourselves busy looking for any signs of spring. The snow was melting, but then it returned, then it started melting again...It has consistently been below or at freezing for the past week. The poor birds and Kinsley are so confused!
In anticipation of spring, I found Kinsley ready to get to work in the sun with her hammer and sun hat from Grandma Shorty (Louie's mom). She was looking pretty cute in her attire.
The birds have been back out and about and making a lot of noise. One is actually pecking a hole through our house (add 'call siding company' to to-do list for Monday) and others can be seen in their nests. Check out what I saw on the way to the grocery store today!
In this video clip, the eagle is leaning over into the nest. You can get a little perspective once the car passes and she sits back up.
This next video was taken in our back yard today... It's way up in a tree so even with my super zoom it's hard to tell if it's a baby bird... you be the judge. (Sorry it's so shaky.) He really starts doing some head bobbing at the end and as you'll hear, I found it amusing. :)
To continue with my nature kick, this past Friday I took the girls to the zoo. The real reason was to celebrate Brooke's birthday. We called it "Brooke-day." :) It included a bag full of candy, DJ honors for the trip up and back, and the title of honorary zoo guide for the day. We had a blast!
Rachele had her camera out the entire time. I think she got a picture of every animal at the zoo. :)
Touching a starfish in the tide pool.
A sea dragon. Crazy!
Kinsley and me at the dolphin tank... and yes, with the paci in her mouth AGAIN! What have I done?!?
Brooke's favorite animal- pigs (or rather wild boars).
Winding down after her long day... "Is it nap time yet, Mommy?"
As you can tell from the pictures, we are still bundling up. I cannot express in words how ready I am for winter to be over. This time last year I was already taking trips to the park in 50 degree weather. Come on!!
Hope wherever you are, you're enjoying some warmth and sunshine. :)
Have a great week!!
-The Strykers
No comments:
Post a Comment