Friday, March 4, 2011

My Birthday Celebration WEEK! :)

My birthday was on Feb. 18th and unfortunately, Louie was on call. My sweet brother Andrew was here to celebrate with me. After our fun day at the Neighborhood (see post below) we went to eat - Andrew, Kinsley and I ate at a yummy Italian restaurant and then I opened presents on Sunday evening. The following weekend, turned out to be an entire weekend of celebrating.  On Friday night we decided to introduced Kinsley to one of our favorite winter activities... hockey games! She had been to a few games as a baby last winter but this was her first time to take in all the sights and sounds.  I thought she was going to lose it when they turned off all the lights, turned up the music, and turned one red spot light on the ice, but she did great! She stayed in my lap the whole time and really enjoyed the game. We had such a fun family night together!

On Saturday evening, my girlfriends organized a fun dinner at a Japanese steakhouse.  We had such a nice evening just, well... being with adults! :) There were two little-bitty ones there but they slept pretty much the whole time. Kudos to those parents for making it out so late with a little one when they knew they weren't going to get a full night's sleep! Thank you to all for making me feel so special!!






The video below cracks me up.There were many, many birthdays being celebrated at the restaurant and this man sang for everyone! We got to hear him sing many times throughout the night. He took his job very seriously. :)


The next morning we went to church and started a new class called "Love and Respect." It's a class for couples to help us understand what God meant when he said husbands should love their wives and wives should respect their husbands.  It's pretty interesting and I appreciate my husband joining me on this endeavor. He loves me very much and is sweet to go to classes with me he would otherwise pass on.
That evening he worked very hard to make me one of my favorite meals... shrimp paesano with angel hair pasta & alfredo, Caesar salad, bread and white wine!! It was so yummy!! Louie did a fantastic job and I, accidentally put a lot of pressure on him because I was soooo excited. :) Thanks Louie. I love you.
What a fabulous birthday! I received many phone calls, cards, facebook messages and texts from friends and family.  It's so nice to feel sooo loved. Thanks to all!! :)

I'll end with a picture I snapped at the grocery store the other day... ONLY in Minnesota!!
Have a great weekend!! -Catherine

2 comments:

David and Lesley said...

You ARE loved! Great post - super fun birthday celebration week! :)

ErieContrary said...

Loved this post! Happy belated birthday. Oh, and yes...I have seen that man sing there too, and it CRACKS me up. haha Thanks for making my night! :)