March 11-15 Kinsley and I had the awesome opportunity to go on a family trip with my mom and family. Kinsley and I flew out of Rochester on Friday morning, took 3 short plane rides to Reno to meet up with my family, and then drive to Lake Tahoe. It was a very long day for Kinsley. She was a champ even when we walked out on the tarmac to board our teeny-tiny 3rd plane of the day... even when the airline lost her car seat and we had to hang out for an extra hour and a half to wait for it to arrive on the next flight...even all the way up the windy mountain drive wayyyy after bedtime... even after I carried her around asleep for half an hour in the hotel room while we unloaded. You get the picture. She's my little traveler and has had a lot of experience going with the flow on travel days.
My mom, Sarah, Kinsley and I spent the next (gorgeous) day recovering from the travel day and stocking up on groceries while Marcus, Luke, Emily and Drew hit the slopes at Squaw. On Sunday the whole crew headed to Northstar ski resort to do a little skiing. The weather was snowy/rainy so it was pretty chilly. Kinsley was still pretty tired so I didn't do any skiing that day but had fun checking out the 35+ shops and restaurants at the resort. On Monday, my mom stayed at the hotel with Kinsley while I skied with the rest of the family. It was still snowy/rainy but we made the best of it. That evening we went to eat at a restaurant right on the shore. It was beautiful!! Good times!
We headed back on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I think I pushed Kinsley a little too hard on the trip because she was pretty sick by the time we left. She wasn't eating and was throwing up and had diarrhea. Poor little bug. It took a while, but she's finally acting like herself again. I was pretty worried about her because it just kept hanging on. It's scary when your little one won't eat and looks so pale. :( Unfortunately, now Louie is sick. Hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow morning at 7am when he has a presentation.
Other than Kinsley's illness, the trip was a great success. Thanks so much Mom and Marcus! We made some pretty fun memories! :)
From LtoR: Marcus, Sarah, Drew, Emily, Luke, and Me
Sarah and I had a little sisterly bonding time when I first arrived. We also got a little camera happy.
Lucky for you, I didn't post all 15 of the pictures I have of us! :)
Marcus and his boys.
Sarah made a snow angel and then took a "sorority pose" pic with it. :)
Headed up the ski lift with Marcus.
Drew, Emily and Luke were on the lift in front of us.
Those two tiny spots are Marcus and Sarah going down a black. The picture doesn't quite do justice to how steep this slope was.
Getting closer...
At dinner that night with the lake behind us. (Missing Louie, John & Sarah and soon to be here... their baby boy!)
The view from our table. As soon as Kinsley saw it she said "beach" over and over. I was so proud that my MN baby knew what a beach was!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment