Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cabin Fever


We've been back in Minnesota for less than a month but the cabin fever has already set in.  As you can see from the picture of our thermometer, we've had some cooler temps.  At -21 degrees w/out the windchill factor, we've had to get creative for our outings.  We're trying to keep ourselves busy by getting out as much as possible, and by out, I do NOT mean outdoors, I just mean out of the house.  Now to be fair, this week we've had a heat wave and actually made it above freezing. That's a 50 degree swing in 1 week. Crazy!

I had a girls night last week to celebrate my friend, Emily's, birthday.  I told Emily that she had a birthday at just the right time.  I was in desperate need of some adult interaction... and to be honest, a drink. And since her birthday should be all about me, I was very thankful for her celebration. Ha! I really had a great time and I think everyone else did too!

Sari secretly handed off some pink sparkles, icing and a candle to the waiter. Emily LOVES pink!  Good thing she had a baby GIRL! :)

LtoR: Danielle (+baby bump #1), Me, Emily, Sari (+baby bump #2), and Melissa.  Just missing Rebecca... but don't feel too bad. She's in Florida lounging around in tank tops and flip flops.
Kinsley and I have had a couple of fun outings to different indoor play areas.  This one is at the mall.  You don't get to see much of the play area in the video because she's a bit obsessed with the bridge.  She was running around yelling "weeeeeeeeee-o" nonstop.  So much so that two older boys heard her and found it hilarious.  They're in the video laughing at the "silly baby."




There was also a boat she kept climbing in and out of.  She was pretty proud of herself.
Kinsley broke her first pair of shades because she was taking them on and off so much saying "Wowww!" I found a new pair today at BabiesRUs that have some stretch to them so hopefully they won't break as quickly.  She immediately had to put them on and wear them all around the store.  
"My future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"
The other new Kinsley obsession that has kept us busy lately is the infamous bath robe.  It's made out of the same material as her blankie so she's in love.  It's her form of a snuggie.  Putting on the robe is how I entice her both into and out of the bath tub.  Then for the next 15 minutes she goes running around the house with her bare little behind hanging out.  I just had to share the excitement! :)






Here she is after she finally found froggy.
There was a streaking video too but I'm pretty sure that's not blog appropriate. :)
Have a great week!
Catherine

2 comments:

yuan family said...

She's adorable...I love her bathrobe!

Katie said...

What a cutie!! I love that she is a beach baby!!