Saturday, February 5, 2011

Misc. Musings

JOB UPDATE
I was hoping that by February, Kinsley and I would be on some sort of a routine with my new job. Unfortunately, that is still not the case. This is partly due to our traveling (we were in Columbus, Ohio for a long weekend for Louie's first fellowship interview) but this is mainly due to the crazy weather we've had here and school holidays.  We've yet to have a solid week of picking up the girls at the normal time (6:45am! wohoo!) and dropping everyone off at school.  We've had two school holidays and 3 late starts because of the cold. I'm looking forward to figuring out a routine for Kinsley.  Right now she is just catching her zzz's when she can.
Kinsley has taken 3 out of her last 4 naps in the car.  The good news is that our once super sensitive sleeper has figured out how to fall asleep in the car even when people are talking.  We make multiple stops with the girls getting in and out of the car and she just keeps on sleeping.  Sweet baby girl.

CABIN FEVER (cont.)
We have continued to do our best to get out of the house to meet up with friends and hit up indoor play areas.  Last week we made it to toddler story time at the public library, picked up some new books and movies and then checked out the brand new Chuck E Cheese in town for a lunch date.  The fabulous thing is Kinsley is a super cheap date.  She gets a kick out of all the flashing lights and colorful characters.  No tokens needed for this girl to have fun pressing buttons and running wild with Mr. Cheese.

Yesterday we went to the RAC (Rochester Athletic Club) which is quickly becoming a hot spot.  I wanted to post this video to show what a big girls she is... she is now climbing up on the equipment and sliding down slides all by herself!



NO!!!!
I could lie and tell you all that I have been the most amazing mother and never used the word "no" with Kinsley but as I said, that would be a lie and pretty darn impossible.  The truth is I tried to use the word sparingly and say things like "not for Kinsley" or "danger" but she still picked up using the word.  In fact, she uses it with gusto! We're working on at least saying "no, thank you." It's not going very well.  You be the judge.


MINNESOTA WINTERS
I know the weather has been CRAZY in Texas lately and I truly understand the excitement and anxiety related to extreme weather, especially when you are not used to it.  I realized that I had never really shared any video of what it looks like in Rochester in the winter.  So enjoy, Texas friends, and be glad your cabin fever was short lived! :)

Disclaimer: I was a bad girl and video taped while I was driving BUT I was going about 10 miles per hour in a neighborhood and was concentrating on driving... I promise!!!


Have a fabulous weekend!  Louie is officially on "vacation" for his last two fellowship interviews.  We leave Tuesday for Chicago and fly from there to Charlotte, NC.  Kinsley and I are going with and I'm super excited for our family trip.  I've never been to either of these cities and am looking forward to trying each one on for size! :)
Love,
Catherine

No comments: