Sunday, March 14, 2010

Texas Tour 2010

Kinsley and I just got back on Wednesday from a two week trip to Texas.  I apologize because I really was not very good about pictures on this trip.  We visited with so many friends and family members and I kept forgetting to pull out my camera!! Oops!!

We started in Dallas.  My mom met us there and we stayed with my cousins Rand E. and Holly and their kiddos.  They were so sweet to put us up... and put up with us, especially since the day we were supposed to head out of town, I ended up with the stomach flu and we had to stay an additional day.  Holly said next time we want to stay longer, we can just ask, I don't have to get sick. :)  Thanks so much for letting us stay with you Toulouse Family!!!  We also were able to visit with Marcus' mother and sister, my sister Victoria, my friends - Lisa, Kris, and Whitney - Beth and Mike - Lesley, Julie - and my mom was able to reconnect with a friend she hadn't seen in 30 years.  So neat!

After Dallas, we drove to San Antonio, stopping in Austin to see my sister, Sarah at UT.  We went to lunch at Katz' before heading on to San Antonio.  That week, Kinsley and I did some more catching up with family and our San Antonio friends.  We stayed with my mom... so nice to have so much help.  She even let me sleep in one morning! I hadn't done that in, let's see, nearly 7 months. Wow!

Then Kinsley and I were on to Houston to see Louie's parents.  We had a good time visiting.  We are also super excited because Carol is making Kinsley an Easter dress out of this beautiful pink dupioni silk!  Can't wait!

While in Houston we were able to visit some of my teacher buddies.  It was so good to see everyone! :)

So, the trip was great.  Many thanks to all who went out of their way to either come and see us or put us up for a few days!  Thanks!


1 comment:

Grace Family said...

wow, she really laughs so easily! that is absolutely contagious! LOVED seeing you and hoping to get to see Lou next time too! It was so nice to have time together and catch up... picked up like it hadn't been 2 years, that's for sure! miss you!