Thursday, February 18, 2010

Birthday Blessings

Today was a big day for me... or actually a rather simple, but perfect, day. I have officially left my twenties and entered my thirties.  Kinsley decided to start celebrating at about 3:30 this morning. Shortly after, Louie headed to the hospital around 4 and won't be home until late tonight but somewhere in his crazy schedule, found the time to make sure this was delivered today.


If you know Louie, then you also know that this was a huge surprise for me. The florist called today to tell me they had a delivery. I was stumped all afternoon and once they arrived, I was even more confused. The attached card was blank. I gave the florist a call and our conversation went something like this:

Me: I just got a delivery... beautiful flowers, but the card was blank. Did you guys accidently forget to attach the message?
Florist: The person who bought them said "she'll know who they're from."
Me: My first guess... my dad?
Florist: Nope.
Me: Second guess... my mom?
Florist: Nope.
Me: Third guess... my husband????
Florist: Yep.
Me: Really??
Florist:Yep.
Me: Are you sure??
Florist: Yes, ma'am we're sure. Is there a problem?

Needless to say, I was surprised and elated.  Things have been really tough lately trying to balance Louie's work schedule with our family and he did a great job today.  It's not so much the flowers, although I think they're beautiful, it's more the fact that my husband found the time to make me feel special in the midst of his unbelievably busy schedule.  I love my husband more than words can say.

So I end this day feeling incredibly content and blessed.  My precious baby girl smiling and giggling as she watches "Cars" for the umpteenth time, dinner with my Rochester family in about an hour, and the visual reminder of what an amazing man I married.  I'm ready for this next chapter in my life.  Bring it on 30s! :)
-Catherine

2 comments:

Grace Family said...

Happy Birthday! I thought about you today but wasn't near a computer to write anything! So glad to hear your welcoming the 30s with such a positive spirit! Love you!

David and Lesley said...

Happy birthday! Beautiful flowers! :)