Sunday, February 14, 2010

6 Months!

Our baby girl turned six months old yesterday!  I can hardly believe how quickly time has passed.  It seems like just yesterday we were bringing our tiny little bundle home from the hospital.  I feel so blessed!  Kinsley is such a joy and I am truly head over heels for her.  I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to stay home and be a part of her everyday growth. 
This past week, I made the decision not to return to work until we get back to Texas in 2012.  Louie got a pediatrics rotation in Florida this Oct-Dec.  I'm so excited that Kins and I get to go.  I'm already planning our Disney trip!  The FL assignment helped me make my decision and, although I do get a little cabin fever during the winter, I would have been heartbroken to have to miss this precious time with Kinsley.  So, yipee!! 
At 6 Months Kinsley:
-Eats about 6 ounces from the bottle and is attempting to hold the bottle on her own.
-Eats rice cereal every morning after her bottle and has tried peas and green beans which she seems to like.
-Is working on the sippy cup. (See video)
-Is getting much better at tummy time.  She is using her arms to help hold herself up but gets frustrated after about 10 min.
-Likes "driving her car" when she is on her tummy. (See video)
-Really has a bedtime routine down.  It consists of eating "dinner," brushing her teeth (more like her gums), changing her diaper, being swadled, and having her bedtime bottle.  If she's in a good mood, I will read her a book before her bottle.
-Loves books and is still very into the movie, Cars.
-Is becoming more interested in the dogs and loves to pat them on their nose.
-Still LOVES to bounce and will bounce even while she is standing when holding her. 
-Is sitting up on her own for about 10 seconds and longer with the boppy pillow around her.
-Reaches and grabs at everything in sight.


Yesterday, Kinsley and I had the opportunity to go for a fun photo shoot with our friend, Rachel and her daughter, Kaia.  Rachel dabbles in photography and offered to take some of Kinsley.  It was so much fun and I was much more laid back than when we go for our professional pics.  I think that made a difference for Kinsley because she was a ham.  She was all smiles and giggles, until I started tickling her... she got a little pissed about that.  Here are some of the pictures from our photo shoot.  Thanks Rachel!!
If you live in the Rochester area and are interested in some inexpensive but AMAZING photos, feel free to contact Rachel at http://www.rachelsviggumphotography.blogspot.com/  So fun!!!

Have a great week!
Love,
The Stryker's

3 comments:

yuan family said...

Those are great photos. Kinsley was so smiley!

Grace Family said...

Wonderful photo shoot! We are doing Ryan's 6 month ones and some family portraits this week, so seeing yours makes me excited!

SO happy for you and your new decision! You won't regret it one bit... the time just flies and being there every step of the way is SO rewarding!

Rachel and Hans said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Catherine. It was awfully fun to see you and Kins and take some pictures. And of course, I'm thrilled that you'll be home, too! Playgroup is just too fun! :-)
Thinking about you at the 6 month appt tomorrow...hope the shots don't bother Kinsley too much.