Well... it's official. My due date is tomorrow and unless I go into labor right this second, I don't think she is coming on Aug. 8th. I was hopeful at the beginning of the week with pretty regular contractions all through Monday evening, Tuesday, and Tuesday night, but then they kind-of just stopped. At my weekly appt. on Thurs. I had made some progress. 2cm, 50% effaced, and she was at 0 station, BUT my doctor wanted to go ahead and schedule my induction, just in case. I am scheduled to go in on the morning of the 18th to start the process. I'm still hoping we won't quite make it to that day but we will see...
In the meantime, I have been trying to keep myself busy with exciting things like cleaning the fridge. Wohoo! :) We've also been taking trips to the County Fair, the park, visiting with friends, deciding on baby annoucements, and meeting new puppies. Her are some random pictures of our SUPER EXCITING outings. See below:
Also, a couple of weeks ago I finally decided on a photographer to take 1st year pics of Baby Girl Stryker. The photographer's name is Erin with Fine Exposures. I liked her pictures and the price was right. She offered a free maternity session, which most women do at 7 months, not 9 but I thought "what the heck?" You can check them out at:
http://www.072709stryker.photoherald.com/index.php/view_event.php
Password: august
Louie's ankle is doing much better. He is wearing an aircast and the black/blue/yellow colors have started to fade. He's been able to drive for about a week and 1/2 so that's been very nice for me. :) He's been under a lot of stress at work but that's not really new. He's currently working with the head of the ortho. dept. whose PA recently left, so Louie is functioning in both capacities, as his resident and PA. Just makes for more work and longer hours, but I'm pretty sure that's part of this whole "being a doctor" thing.
Hopefully our next blog entry will be about our newest addition... I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers as we head towards her arrival.
Love, Catherine and Louie
1 comment:
The pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Good luck the next few days!! She is almost here! You can't imagine how much you will fall in love in an instant...It is such a miracle and I hope it is a wonderful experience for both you and Louie.
Post a Comment