Saturday, July 25, 2009

38 Weeks

Nothing too exciting is happening with Baby Girl Stryker. I went for my 38 week OB appt. and it looks like she is pretty comfy in Mommy's tummy. She is still head down and weighs some where between 6 and 7 lbs. We are hopeful that she will stay in there until my due date (Aug. 8) to let Louie heal.

Last Sunday, our 6th anniversary, Louie somehow managed to really mess up his right ankle (his "good" ankle). I took him from the soccer field to the ER where he got some x-rays and spent some time discussing things with some of his ortho buddies that were working that day. He did not break anything, but did manage to tear some ligaments and the swelling was obscene. He spoke to one of the foot and ankle consultants who wanted to do an ultrasound of his ankle to see if he needed surgery. They weren't able to see Louie until Thursday so, until then Louie gave work his best shot. He has not been able to put any weight on that ankle, is wearing a big boot for stability, and is using crutches. He can't drive because it's his right foot so he has been very dependent on his very pregnant wife. We are just glad that this occurred before she got here. Louie realized that he was not going to be of any help in the OR after his first case on Wed. and decided that he needed to stay off his ankle and focus on healing and getting the swelling down, so he took two vacation days Thurs. and Fri. and is hopeful to be back on his feet, literally, on Monday. The ultrasound showed good news. The important ligaments were still intact so, he does not need surgery. He thinks he'll be in the boot for another two weeks.

Louie has been a very good patient with his foot elevated and on ice for the past two days and will continue through Sunday. I've enjoyed having some time with him and so have the dogs.

Here's a picture of Striper getting some cuddle time with Daddy. She climbed up in his lap without any prompting from him. She's turning into more of a cuddle-bug than Trout. :)

I have been busy taking care of Louie and continuing to get ready for the arrival of our daughter. I got the car seats installed properly and packed the baby's bag for the hospital. I still need to pack mine but am not feeling too pressed for time. I have also started on a couple of craft projects that have kept me busy. I completed the wall art for the nursery. I used the 6 fabrics for the quilt as the background for some "picture frames" I made. They are pictured in the slide show below. I have also made some cute burp cloths... I'm feeling very domestic. :)

We are also very excited to share the news that our friends Rusty and Kerri had their little boy last night via c-section. Wilkes Christian was born July 24th and weighs 7 lbs 7.5 oz and is 21 inches long. Mom and Baby are both doing well. Congrats Hoermann Family!!
I will end this post with a little experiment that developed through Louie and I having a little too much time on our hands since he's been laid up. We have a little ongoing contest to see which dog is the smartest between Trout and Striper. Here are the results:




1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love those frames you made - super creative and cute!!