Goodness! What a crazy past month! Here is the shortened version of what has happened over the past month - the good, the bad, and the ugly, but before I begin let me just say we are all healthy and happy now and sooooo thankful for our friends and family! :)
-Both Louie and I got the stomach flu (me for the second time), BUT neither of the girls caught it... thank goodness!
-Aubrey stopped gaining weight and we thought she was having tummy issues (she is now gaining weight beautifully and is up to 10lbs!)
-I cut out dairy from my diet - due to A's tummy issues (still working on this one...)
-I had some breastfeeding issues and began pumping after every feeding and bottle feeding Aubrey an additional 2 ounces of milk - due to A's weight issues
-Kinsley got a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad cold
-My fabulous friends came over to help box up all things in the home that were either decorations or not needed for the next year and a half.
-We moved into our friends' Rebecca and Tim's house for 24 hours with a sick toddler, a newborn, 3 dogs and a partridge in a pear tree while our floors were refinished.
-Both Aubrey and I caught a slightly less miserable cold
-Louie left town for a week to present at a conference
-My dad and Leigh Ann came and stayed with us while Louie was out of town
-My parents and I got our house ready to show and put on the market on Feb. 14
-Kinsley, Aubrey and I traveled with my parents from MN to TX and have been in San Antonio ever since Feb 12 so the house could stay "show ready" and the girls and I could get healthy and have some help
-We got an offer on our home after the second showing!! Yay!!
-Inspection on our home was today and went really well!
-Louie is headed down here over the March 4th weekend so we can see him and baptize Aubrey
-If all goes well with the home, the girls and I will be headed back to Rochester mid-March. Yay!
Phew! I think that's about it. Ha! So now that you know what we've been up to, here are a few pictures from the past month.
 |
| Here is the exterior picture of our home. Click on the link below to see the full tour. Notice how NOTHING is out... makes me tired all over again just looking at those pictures, but we are very pleased with how the house looks and the quality of the pictures. |
 |
| Hope got a haircut! We decided maybe shaving her would help with the shedding issue and keeping our house clean for showings. We think she looks like a pig. Literally! :) |
 |
| Kinsley had her first trip to the dentist. This dentist was great! Kins got a new backpack, a picture frame that says "my first trip to the dentist" and a new toothbrush. |
 |
| She wanted to wear gloves too. |
 |
| She was SUCH a big girl! I was so proud of her. :) |
 |
| All done! |
 |
| Aubrey turned 1 month. (A separate blog post about our big girl later) |
 |
| Kinsley went to a Valentine's Day party with Nena and Papa. She really did have a great time even though she doesn't really look like it in this pic. |
 |
| Playing parachute with Papa. You can tell who Nena was focusing on in the pictures because Papa's head is cut out of every picture. Ha! |
 |
| Craft time at the party! |
SAN ANTONIO...
 |
| Aubrey is all smiles! She actually smiled for the first time at my friend, Rebecca and then smiled quite a bit for Nena and Papa before we headed south to SA. Now she smiles often after she has a full tummy but before getting sleepy again. She is also starting to coo and make sweet noises. So fun watching her grow and change! |
 |
| She is also a pretty good sleeper and can crash out in a variety of places. :) |
 |
| Kinsley went tee-tee in the potty and got to put on big girl panties!!! |
 |
| Kinsley helped mommy celebrate her birthday with a yummy chocolate cupcake. |
 |
| Mimi and Kins made my birthday extra special this year!! |
 |
| Our little old man having some tummy time. |
 |
| Valentine's Day morning. |
 |
| Kinsley's Valentine's Day breakfast |
 |
| Kins working on her love bug Valentine's craft with Mommy. |
 |
| My brother, John and I went to the UT/Baylor men's basketball game to watch my sister cheer. |
 |
| Shaking her groove thing during a timeout. |
 |
| Talking with a little girl in the crowd and smiling at her fans. :) |
 |
| Posing with my sweet Longhorn sis! |
 |
| John and Sarah - I love my sibs! |
 |
| Kinsley and I had a "mother-daughter" day and met our friends Andrea, Colby, Clayton and Cooper at the San Antonio Rodeo! She had a blast at the Ro-day-o, as she calls it. |
 |
| Petting the lazy pigs. |
 |
| Now posing as a rather cute one. |
 |
| I think we have a pig theme here. |
 |
| Kinsley was more concerned about the rather large clydesdale coming out of the stall behind me. |
 |
| One of her favorite activities from the day. :) |
As you can tell from the pictures we are recovering well from our crazy past month. A
huge thank you goes to our family for all their help, my San Antonio girlfriends for letting me borrow tons of baby/toddler stuff, and my Rochester ladies for helping with the girls, the packing and dealing with our 3 wild and crazy dogs. Love to you all!!
-Catherine
2 comments:
Enjoyed the catch-up and glad to hear all is well! Also, Kinsley's dentist is a friend of mine from high school! I think Rachel S. went to dental school with her too! Small world! :)
Wow! What a whirlwind - thanks for the catch up post! :) Your Valentine's Day celebration looks like it was so much fun, and I am impressed with how well Kins did at the dentist office! Good job, Kins! :) Can't wait to see you soon! :)
Post a Comment