Thursday, May 26, 2011

Funny girl!

Kinsley is at such a fun age. She is learning constantly and cracking us up with her cuteness! I wanted to write down a few things just so I could remember them...

My favorite part of the day right now (and it's hard to choose) is our bedtime routine. After having a little milk and brushing her teeth, I read her a book of her choosing and then we say prayers. She always puts her little hands together in prayer position and we start thanking Jesus for all the blessings in our day. The past few weeks I've been letting her add things she is thankful for and a few of her favorites are "choo choos," "tunnels," "slides," "Elmo," "pacis," "triangles" and "Thomas" (as in Thomas the Train). I love it! I love how her little mind works and what she remembers. After prayer, which ends with a clap and an enthusiastic Aaaaa-mennn! she knows Mommy is about to shower her with kisses and she thinks this is hilarious. She immediately starts saying "kisses, kisses" and she'll turn into a total goof ball trying to give me an eskimo kiss or stick her tongue out. When I lay her down in her crib I give her three friends, puppy, monkey and froggy, and cover her with her blanket. She usually does something silly on my way out of the room like say beep-beep (which is what she says when she pushes on your nose) or "momma??" and when I come back to see what she wants, she says "hi!" I'm going have to watch out for her little "tricks" when she gets bigger. What a sweet girl!

Kinsley's current game of choice is to pretend she is sleeping, which means her eyes are open and she's snoring loudly and then surprise everyone by shrieking, no screaming loudly to let us know that she fooled us and she is actually awake.  Here is a little clip of her playing at lunch the other day. Beware. It's a loud game. :)


Kinsley is singing and talking constantly - in the car, at meals, during playtime, etc. She is constantly telling me about  buses and trucks and ambulances and motorcycles (said sea-cles). She identifies them by their sound. I'll be changing her diaper and a motorcycle will drive by our house and she'll say "sea-cle??"

Her favorite song right now is "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." She thinks triangle and twinkle are the same word so she'll ask me to build her a triangle with straws (yes, I'm such an elementary school teacher) and she'll then start singing "Triangle, triangle little star." but triangle sounds like a morph between twinkle and triangle.   Here is a clip of Kinsley playing on her newest toys (great Craigslist buy!!) and she is singing her song and talking about choo-choos at the beginning.


Kinsley has been spending a lot of time with our friend Caleb. She calls him Ca-bub and asks about him often. Caleb likes to say "Da!" a lot so Kinsley does a lot of Caleb impersonations. We have a toy microphone and I was asking her to sing and she responds with "Da!" She thinks she's pretty funny. Here is a clip of Kinsley playing with Caleb and he is being such a good sport about letting Kinsley poking him in the eye!


One last little Kinsley story. The other day she was hanging out on our bed with me and decided she wanted to get down so she turned her body around and slid on her tummy, feet first onto the ground. Our bed is pretty tall so she got about half way down and just got stuck there. I encouraged her and told her she could do it and after about 10 seconds slid the rest of the way down. I couldn't see her but heard a thud so I knew she didn't land on her feet. All of the sudden she pops back up with her hands in the air and shouts "I made it, I made it!!" She was so proud of herself even though she had landed on her keister! Ha!

Alright. That's enough gushing. I realize that I'm totally that mom that thinks her child is soooo cute and talks about her all the time. I'm sure when we hit the teenage years I'll be singing a different tune so for now, I'm relishing in all this cuteness. :)

Love,
Catherine

2 comments:

Katie said...

She is adorabl!!! It's probably good being around Caleb so one day when she has a little brother or sister she won't be jealous!! Well, hopefully anyways! Keep posting videos so we can watch her grow!

David and Lesley said...

Hello! I am just checking up on blogs now (weeks after this post) - I love your stories! :) Kinsley is such a good friend to Caleb. :)