Saturday, May 14, 2011

Easter and More!

Yes, it's May 14th and I'm just now blogging about our Easter and San Antonio trip.  I tend to do this after trips. I'm guessing because I'm a procrastinator at heart and I know that after holidays and trips it's going to be a large post and will take some time.  Oh well... better late than never. :)
Louie was on call Easter weekend so Kinsley and I headed south. It worked out well because my friends and I were hosting two showers the Saturday before Easter.  It was a crazy, fun day and I felt so fortunate to be able to be there.
Katie has a little boy on the way! We're so excited and can't wait to meet him!

The hostesses with the most-ess (minus Julie- we missed you Juls!)
Julia and Eric's wedding shower was that night. It was my first opportunity to meet Eric and think he's great!!
All the ladies (LtoR: Me, Andrea, Lesley, Allison, Julia, Katie, and Lisa)
EASTER
The next day was Easter and although we really missed Louie, we did have a wonderful day. The pictures recap our fun!
Kinsley's Easter basket and my Easter cup! :)

Kinsley showing off her Easter dress that Grandma Shorty made her! She loved it! (And the cute little purse too!)

"I'm ready to hunt for Easter eggs!!"

After the hunt, she was way too busy eating jelly beans to smile for the picture.

Flowering the cross before the service.

The finished product. Such a beautiful reminder of the special day.

Checking out what Mr. Bunny left her.

Wanted to read her new book right away.

Future pop star on our hands!

LOVED her bubble machine. Couldn't stop talking about bubbles!

Leigh Ann always sets such a nice table for holidays. :)

Kinsley was out for the count at Easter lunch but that actually worked out pretty well for me. :)
 That evening, Kinsley and I went to the Easter service at my mom and Marcus' new church. We enjoyed the contemporary service and then headed to the Cheesecake Factory afterwards for dinner.
Sarah didn't know it but we were actually having a little surprise celebration dinner for her making the UT Pom Squad. Check out her link: UT Pom Squad 2011-2012  (Click on Sarah Owens)
Our brother Luke thought he was pretty clever decorating the car with palms in honor of her making the "PALM Squad!" Ha!
FUN WITH GRANDPARENTS!
Kinsley and I spent the rest of the week hanging out with my mom and Marcus, and Leigh Ann and my dad. Kinsley is at such a fun age and is really interacting and playing with everyone. I was so glad to be able to spend a little extra time there.
We met my mom, Mimi at the park one morning. I failed to get a picture of her and Kinsley. Oops!

Kinsley loved this one!

The next day we headed to the zoo with Grandma Leigh Ann, which Kinsley has now named Neena (Not quite sure why... but it works.  :) We got to brush the goats in the petting zoo.

Kinsley and Neena!

I almost opted to skip the train ride because she was so tired but SOOOO glad I didn't. This was definitely her favorite part of the day! She loved the choo-choo!

Almost as soon as we hit the car, Kinsley conked out. She was exhausted!
Spending a little quality time with Papa before heading out. She loves her Papa!
I have lots more to post about our trip because we spent the following weekend in Houston with Louie and his parents. I'll update the rest soon! Headed to bed for now. :)
Love, Catherine

No comments: