Louie's schedule has been pretty nice since we've been here. He's generally home by dinner or earlier, unless he's on call. It's a home call, meaning he's allowed to come home if there is nothing going on, but pretty much every time he's been on call he's had to stay at the hospital. He has call about one night a week and weekends off! He has to cover one weekend a month. I have strategically planned a trip to San Antonio that weekend. Yahoo!
We just don't know what to do with ourselves with all this family time! Okay, that's not true, we've been finding plenty do. This past Saturday, Louie got up early to go hit golf balls, came home and made some fabulous sour cream blueberry pancakes (thanks for the recipe Uncle Bub and Aunt Sarah!!) and then we headed over to our friend, Lori's neighborhood water park... Yep, they have an actual water park in their neighborhood. It's complete with two huge body slides, a kids ship area, a lazy river (my personal favorite), fun playgrounds, sand volleyball, a Subway for lunch, and a live band in the afternoon!! Wow!! We were in heaven... and the best part was there was NOBODY there. There were literally 3 other families there other than our group. How awesome is that?!? Can you tell we had fun?!!? So much fun, in fact, I forgot to take pictures. Here are a couple that Louie snapped of us on the lazy river. Kinsley had her own tube with a bottom. She fit perfectly in it, although, she wasn't quite sure if she liked it at first. By the end, she was dancing to the music. Our friend, Lori's little one Corrine actually fell asleep in her tube. Curled over in a heap on her tube... now that's a lazy river! :)
That afternoon, Kinsley took a great nap, Louie watched football and I headed to the pool for some more sun. I love being in the sun! That night I ate some more frozen yogurt, (I think I have a problem!) and then we hit the sack.
On Sunday, Kinsley and I headed to church and Louie played his first round of golf since he's been here. Kinsley was a little off on Sunday, they had to call me out of church to come get her from the nursery. She skipped lunch and went down for a 3.5 hour nap!! After her marathon nap, she felt much better and we were able to meet Louie's Aunt and Uncle for some drinks. We really enjoyed visiting with Maggie and Fred and hope to see them again while we're in Florida.
That night, we wrapped things up with a Rochester Mayo Potluck at the apartment complex. It's fun having everyone live so close. :)
Tonight, while I was making dinner, Kinsley managed to climb into a cabinet. She was so cute because once she got in, she had trouble getting back out. Here are some pics from our cabinet adventure.
I love this first picture bc it was right when I first caught her in the cabinet. She had a huge grin on her face but wouldn't make eye contact with me and was peaking at me out of the corner of her eyes. :)
Trying to climb back out.
This video gives you a little glimpse into how she's doing in the walking department. Nothing too exciting... I'm just documenting the growth. :)
Have a great night! -C
1 comment:
That waterpark sounds amazing!! Any chance you might be heading back there in a couple of weeks??! :)
Post a Comment