Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bouncin' right along...


Kinsley turned 5 months on the 13th. For a little one who had trouble getting started, she is growing like a weed now. It's crazy, wonderful, and sad all at the same time. I can't even put into words how much I love her and how much fun we have together. She has become my best buddy. We are together constantly and it turns out, a very good listener. :)
We are, literally, counting down the days until Louie's rotation is over. Yesterday, he worked a 17 hour day. He is exhausted and misses us terribly, but his interactions with his consultant continue to go well... so that is a definite plus.
Above is Kinsley's 5 month picture. I also included a "Watch Me Grow" slide show to document her growth. :)

At 5 Months Kinsley:
-eats about 6 ounces at each feeding
-occasionally tries rice cereal
-turns to look at you when you call to her
-loves doing sit-ups (see video below)
-has learned to spit, especially when she is pissed off
-likes to go to sleep between 7 & 8 and sleep til about 7 in the morning. Wohoo!
-sometimes sleeps in her swing and sometimes in her crib
-arches her back and straightens out her body when she is super tired but fighting it
-loves her exersaucer, bouncer, and watching the movie "Cars" and "Baby Einstein" occasionally
-has yet to turn over, but think she will turn from her back to tummy first
-when on her tummy, lifts her head up but immediately moves her arms by her side and does "the seal"
-is very ticklish
-loves to play with her tongue and the spit in her mouth. Yummm.
-is most needy in the evening when I am trying to cook dinner
-can squeal VERY loudly









2 comments:

Grace Family said...

Oh how I wish we were closer... sounds like they're doing all the same things (and not doing some of the same things too! :-0)

She really likes that bouncer huh? What a happy baby!

John said...

I like the she crosses her feet when she jumps up. I think we may have a budding ballerina on our hands.