It's New Year's Day - sunny, white and beautiful outside but, "a look but don't touch" kind of day. The temp is 1 degree and the windchill is around -20. Kinsley is wearing 3 layers of clothes, 2 blankets and a hat as she sleeps snuggly but not so soundly in her pac-n-play downstairs. The hubby is at work, yet again, even though he promised he would be home with us in between AM and PM rounds. One for the "cons" side of being married to a doctor - scratch that - resident. I have a full on cold as I sit typing nearly as bundled up as Kinsley and I got about 4 hours of sleep last night because our little one wanted to bring in the new year with a bang. Despite the negatives of this day, I sit here feeling truly blessed to have had such a wonderful past year: a healthy, beautiful baby girl, amazing friends who are like family to me in this home away from home, many visits from family to welcome Kinsley to the world and in return, many trips to Texas to introduce her to so many family and friends who love her so, a loving husband, and two quirky dogs with their own personalities and demands. I know there's many more.
I heard this morning on the Today show that if you want to really follow through with your New Year's resolutions you should write it down and share it with others. So here goes, my 2010 resolution is to try to focus on the positives in my life.
If you know me, then you also know I'm a "why me" kind-of person, or at least I think I am and my husband is a "glass half empty" kind-of guy, so it takes a considerable amount of effort to make the switch from "life's tough" to "I am so blessed." Please help to hold me accountable.
Below are a couple of slide shows and videos from the past month and a half. Enjoy! (I apologize for all the quotes and errors in this posting, but hey - at least I'm finally updating the blog. Did you see that?? My resolution in action!)
Wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2010!! Love, Catherine
Wow, I got tired just looking at everything y'all have been up to! It looks like you had a great past couple of months, though. I hope you enjoyed your brief escapes from the frozen north. We love y'all!
1 comment:
Wow, I got tired just looking at everything y'all have been up to! It looks like you had a great past couple of months, though. I hope you enjoyed your brief escapes from the frozen north. We love y'all!
Post a Comment