Louie and I are "hunkered down" for the weekend as the winter storm moves through. We are supposed to get anywhere from 6 to 10 inches. We had to get out this morning a little and driving in the snow and ice is proving difficult. Don't worry, we are being extra careful. So much so, that the other drivers are passing us on the road. We still haven't changed our Texas plates, so that is sort-of serving as our disclaimer. :) (Yes Dad... I know we need to change our plates or we can get a ticket. ) I have included a few videos I took over the past couple of days.
Thanksgiving was wonderful. I was able to go home and have Thanksgiving on Thurs. with my mom and family. Then I headed to my Dad's and had Thanksgiving at their house on Friday. We watched the game and, although I was pleased with the outcome, Andrew was not. I included some video of that as well. Louie had to work and was on call on Friday so, he was able to have a Thanksgiving meal with some friends on Thursday. It was difficult being apart. This was our first holiday (I'm afraid of many) apart. I flew home on Saturday, so that Louie and I could celebrate our Thanksgiving together on Sunday.
Louie and I had our own little meal with ham, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, rolls and pecan pie. We decided next year we must attempt the real cornbread stuffing that our parents make. Thanksgiving is not complete without it.
I made Louie suffer through the Rochester Festival of Lights. It is held at the Mayo Civic Center and it is one decorated tree after another... I loved all the different themes. This tree was a circus theme. Louie was a good sport. :)
1 comment:
I love the "Eager Texans" video clip... it would be just like the two of you to be on top of things, that's for sure! Looks like you're enjoying the winter as best you can. You're definitely being a good sport about it!
Post a Comment