Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fall is Here



Fall is Here
Fall has definitely arrived and we are really enjoying the weather and scenery. The first two pictures were taken from our front door and driveway and the third picture was taken from right outside of my school. It is beautiful!





"Date Night"

Louie and I had a pumpkin carving date night and had a great time. Louie was cracking me up. As he was working on his pumpkin, the knife slipped and he sliced through his pumpkin's lip (not so smooth for a surgeon). Of course he had to fix the pumpkin, so he preformed surgery on his little guy and I snapped pictures through the laughter. Then it was my turn and I knocked the tooth off of mine, oops. Well, this meant more surgery. I do have to say that Louie did a pretty good job. The finished product was not too shabby. :)



I got the opportunity to go on a little "Texas Tour" visiting friends in Houston and Dallas. I was able to visit with my friend, Jessica, and her little boy, Logan, over some yummy Mexican food. Thank goodness!!
I was also able to catch up with Louie's parents and am looking forward to seeing them again at Christmas.
I spent the next day at work with my "old" school friends. It was so nice to see everyone again and have that comfortable feeling of familiar surroundings. I had so much fun chatting with my team at catching up. It reminded me just how much I miss them. I hope I will get to see them again soon.
After that I was off to Dallas to visit my college girlfriends and have some good girl-talk over wine... the best way to have girl talk. :)
The last part of my tour was spent with Lisa and Beth. These ladies are two friends I made during Lou's med. school years. Their husbands are both interns in Dallas. It is always comforting to visit with friends who know exactly what you are going through.
It was a great trip, but my next trip will definitely be to San Antonio. I am really missing my family and ready to get a little Andrew time in.

Louie signed up to be the "doctor" at a minor league hockey game. We had so much fun sitting right behind the team. I learned that there are a lot of bad words said at hockey games. :) Louie only had to go down to the ice once when a player got hit in the throat with a hockey stick... but no worries he was a-okay.

Striper had a little accident in the back yard and we had to take a trip to the emergency vet., where she received 4 stitches in her leg. She was not too happy about the E-collar. She kept running into things and finally decided that when she was wearing the collar, it was best not to move at all. As you can tell from the picture, she was pretty miserable.

Hope everyone is doing well. Miss you all!
~Catherine and Louie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks so beautiful with the leaves changing right now! Just wait until it is covered with snow!

Sorry I missed you last weekend in Dallas. Come to SA soon!