AFTER :)
School started Sept. 4th and has been my home away from home since about mid-August. I think I might be putting in more hours than Louie right now, hence the lack of posts on the blog. Things are always busy at the beginning of the school year no matter what state you are in, but I'm hoping I get the hang of things soon. I love my kids and team. I have 25 students in my class and they definitely keep me on my toes and smiling, generally speaking. :) There are a lot of opportunities for me to get involved and of course I'm getting my hands in a little bit of everything. I think this year is going to be challenging, but very rewarding. I know that each member of the third grade team will do everything in her power to meet the needs of every single student. That really is a good feeling because although I had this with my previous team, that is certainly not the case at all schools, and I was a little worried about finding another good team. Yeah for that!! I will keep you posted on our progress.
Louie is a quarter of his way through his first year and starting Oct. 1st his schedule will start moving at warp speed. He begins a three month orthopedic surgery service which is exciting. The first 6 weeks he will be working on shoulders and the second 6 weeks he will tackle the infamous Dr. "Sim service" which is tumor. I think we will both need extra support over the next few months. :) The good thing is that he will be working on his specialty so I'm sure the learning curve will be steep.
In the mean time, Louie has been keeping busy with his long lost hobbies... hunting and fishing. Louie has moved his fly fishing from practicing in an open field to actual streams and has been rather successful. He found a place he likes to go about 45 minutes south of us where he has run into a nice fly fishing guide who has offered him some valuable advice on his technique. Hunting season is just getting started and we actually just got back from driving all around southeast Minnesota checking out the public land where he can hunt next weekend. We currently have duck decoys all over our downstairs living room and hanging in our garage... fun! :)
The weather here has been beautiful and no doubt that the next posting will have some pictures of the fall foliage. It is absolutely gorgeous and the trees are just getting started. Pumpkins are being sold everywhere and I am beginning to understand what a real fall season feels like. We are looking forward to this change in season, but am definitely more than anxious about the following season.
Late October I will be taking a little Texas tour. I have a four day weekend so I will be traveling to Houston to see Louie's parents and visit my old school. Then I will be flying to Dallas to visit some of my girl friends. I can't wait!
Hope everyone is doing well and hope to hear from each of you soon.
Love, Catherine

No comments:
Post a Comment