Saturday, September 22, 2007

Girls' Trip





My mom and sister, Sarah, visited in early August with the intention of setting up my classroom, but as you can tell we got a little distracted with sightseeing, a baseball game, a "beach" trip, and a lot of shopping. We really had a blast and because I'm so new to the area, I enjoyed the sightseeing just as much as any visitor. We toured Rochester and the Mayo Clinic, which was really enjoyable. We also went to a small lake that has been converted to a beach about 5 miles from my house. Of course we made it to the Cities for a trip to the Mall of America where we tackled 3/4ths of the first level (out of four). We ran out of time... unfortunately 7.5 hours was not enough time for us. I think we have decided that an annual trip to Minnesota for "tax free" back-to-school shopping will become a tradition for my sister and Mom. :) I was so thankful for the opportunity to spend time with them and to be able to show them our new home. I can't wait for our next visitors!

No comments: