Saturday, April 7, 2007

Update

Well, a lot has happened since Match Day. I have officially resigned from my teaching position in Deer Park, but am becoming more and more apprehensive about saying goodbye. I have completed and submitted my application for the Rochester Public School Systems and I have a screening interview on Friday the 13th (hopefully that's not an omen). Louie and I will be in Rochester the 12-15 looking for a home. We have about 15 homes picked out that we are scheduled to take a look at it. Wish us luck. :)
We are very excited about having a contract on our current home. We are selling it to some friends of ours who are staying in Houston for residency. This process is so much more enjoyable when you are working with people you know and trust. Hopefully things will continue to go just as smoothly after the inspection... we will see. We are scheduled to close on June 11th and then we will make the long trip up to Minnesota with our two cars and two dogs. :)
Louie has been keeping busy during his month off as our realtor and studying for one of his final exams he must take for his license. It involves him seeing 12 "fake" patients and completing a history and physical correctly. The actors (fake patients) have a checklist of things Louie is supposed to do or say, like washing his hands, making eye contact, etc. To get ready I get to help by showing off my best acting skills. So far, I have had high cholesterol, loss of hearing, some form of an STD, and diabetes. The Stryker household is very exciting right now.
Well, that about sums it up. Hope everyone is doing well. I will keep everyone posted with news after our Rochester trip. Take care!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Hey Babe,
You gotta take care of yourself! You are developing some chronic conditions. Oh yeah, that's right, your husband's a doctor...almost. Sounds like he's on top of it. Thank him for me would you?
Love,
Mom