Monday, October 21, 2013

Catch-up Picture Post

Here is what we've been up to since my last big posts in JULY. Ooops! This is a bunch of misc pictures mostly captured by my phone. Enjoy! :)
Hanging out with my little. We stayed in pjs most of the day. :)

The girls are having so much fun playing together now. I think this also means that fighting is just around the corner...

Louie took Miss K fishing for the first time. It lasted about 10 min before she got bored. There was a playground nearby and they spent most of their fishing trip on the playground. I love this picture because you can just see Trout looking up at Louie. "Can I go too, Daddy??"

Random Saturday at the car wash. We live on the edge here, people. Excitement around every corner. 

An evening pizza party at the neighborhood pool. Just the 4 of us. It was fun. Aubrey can attest, Kinsley disagrees. 

Daddy's new office. Those degrees on the wall took only 14 years... So proud of him!

We went to the circus. That green glowing stick is her fabulous new light saber. I think Louie has gotten more use out of it then Kinsley. Just sayin'...

Aubrey's squinty eyes smile.

Kinsley wanted to ride the elephant and we said yes before we checked the price. $15 for two laps on the elephant sandwiched like sardines in a tin. Kins is three from the back actually sitting on the little boys lap behind her. She was the last to be squeezed on. Guess they thought "she's small, we can fit just one more." Poor kids. 

The three of us went to see Seusical the Musical at the Magik Children's Theatre. We enjoyed it so much we bought season tickets. I can't wait until Aubrey's old enough to enjoy it too!

She skipped Dr. Seuss and wanted to take her picture with the mischievous monkeys. 

Someone found a red marker...

Every Tuesday we've been trying to go to open gym at Alamo Gymnastics. This morning she said "Take my picture, Mom and send it to Daddy so he can see me in my gymnastics outfit." 

A little daddy/daughter time on the couch.

Time to chop Miss K's hair. The tangles each morning were getting out of hand. Here is the before and after.

And the finished look.

Kinsley found some of our MN winter gear. I found it amusing that she was still in summer clothes in October and wearing a hat and scarf.

Another squinty eyes picture (post-nap, hence the hair).

A few Sundays ago our church decided to do a service Sunday instead of our regular worship service. We left Aubrey with my mom and Marcus and took Kinsley with us. We went to a local park and picked up trash. It was a really great morning and Kinsley liked being involved too. I hope we can do more stuff like this in the future.

I joined a local MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group here and am loving it. One Saturday we met to go garage sale shopping for a local charity. We hit up some really nice neighborhoods and got some great stuff. We had a list of items they were looking for and had some great finds. This was our car on the way back to the church. We were packed to brim. 

On Columbus Day, we were supposed to go to a pumpkin patch in Medina, TX but the rain came through the night before and the weather and ground were nasty, so we went to Incredible Pizza instead. It was a blast. Nina and Uncle Andrew joined us. 

A bit of a blur here...she was moving at lightning speed!

Up and down on the plane.

This crazy frog moved in unpredictable ways. Kind-of like he was dancing. Aubrey wasn't quite sure if she hated him or loved him.

Toasting to my brother's new job! Way to go, John! We're so excited for you and your family!!

Kinsley found the photo button on my iphone. Here is a close up. I'm embarrassed to say I can't tell if this is Kins or Aubs. I think Aubrey...

A selfie.

Trying to take one of both of them. There were a lot of other random pictures of the wall and Trout's behind but I figured I'd save those for another day.

I just love this picture. They adore each other! :)
We had a ladies night with me, Kinsley and Nina at the Magik Children's Theatre. It was the start of their 20th (I think) season and opening night of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. They gave out Wonka Bars to everyone who was there and there were 5 golden tickets to be discovered. Lucky Miss Kinsley found one. She was in shock at first and then totally overjoyed! She won a free week of camp this coming summer. 

Here she is on stage. Veruca Salt was trying to "steal her ticket" and Kinsley thought she was really trying to steal it. She's looking at her with angry eyes in this pic. I reassured her from off stage that she was just playing with her. I guess Veruca is a pretty good actress.

Here she is being interviewed. I included the video clip  of the interview below. She did such a great job. We were so proud of her!

After the show with Nina, Willie Wonka, Charlie Bucket and Charlie's grandpa. Holding her golden ticket of course! Such a fun night!

2 comments:

~Sarah said...

I've missed so much good family time!! Makes me sad.. I'm coming down the next chance I get! Love you!

Catherine & Louie said...

Love you too!! Come soon!