Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013

Here are some pictures from our Easter weekend!
We attended the children's service on Good Friday. It was Kinsley's first introduction to the whole resurrection concept and was explained in a very child-friendly way. We talked about things more at prayer time that night and spent all morning today playing "Jesus and Pontius Pilate (the guy who pointed at Jesus and put him on the cross). Then we put his body in the tomb (closet) and then we open it again and he's gone because HE'S ALIVE!"   
Dyeing Easter eggs. It's a science.

Aubrey wanted to see too!

Louie and his girls - this is one of Kinsley's new smiles. It's called a "Crazy Eyes" smile. It's awesome.

Kinsley's other smile - "squinty eyes."

Easter morning - Kinsley and Aubrey hit the mother load. We got them baskets not realizing Easter gifts were in the mail from grandparents. Oops. Next year we'll down size our baskets a bit. Ha!

Opening an Easter card from Mimi and Grampa Marcus

Kinsley decided that Aubrey needed some help opening her bag from Mimi.

Easter card from Papa and Nena

Pinkalicious!! I think we've read it 17 times now since this picture was taken - 24hrs ago!!
Time for the Easter egg hunt! It was nasty and rainy so Daddy let the Easter bunny inside and he hid a lot of eggs all over the living room!

Aubrey had so much fun. She would pick up an egg and then immediately plop on the ground, open it and eat the contents.

The Easter bunny gave Aubrey all the pink eggs which happened to be filled with goldfish and tiny white chocolate baking chips.
All but one looking at the camera. Not bad for using a timer.
Sooo... I found this beautiful dress in a size 4T. She wore the same dress at her very first Christmas  at around 4 months old in a size 0-3 months. I love this dress and knew I HAD to buy it when I stumbled across it!

Kinsley in the dress Christmas 2009!

Just a tiny bit bigger! :)
Trying to show off Aubrey's dress... she was obviously having none of it. She woke up feeling yucky Easter morning and has steadily declined since then. Hope she's on the mend soon. I love Aubrey's dress too! It's made out of the same material that Carol made Kinsley's first Easter dress out of. I think it's just beautiful!
Making those CRAZY eyes again. Yikes. The flower she has is from one of the bushes at our house. She used it to flower the cross.

Flowering the cross.

Squinty eyes smile by the cross.

Waiting for the service to start.

Aubrey was a toot during the service and I ended up having to leave and walk around with her after Kinsley sang. Oh well, at least she looked cute. :) 
You can't tell from this picture but Kinsley was singing her heart out. She loves children's choir.
Here is a little clip of Kinsley singing the song she sang in Church. :)

No comments: