The month of December was crazy, but oh so fun! I'll let the pictures tell our holiday story!
Kinsley was excited about our Christmas tree. Louie was excited that it wasn't 10 below while he was putting it in the stand. It also did NOT have to thaw overnight in the garage before bringing it in the house. Just another perk to living in the south.
Aubrey was off to dreamland but the three of us stayed up to decorate and enjoy some hot chocolate and Christmas music. Kinsley really had fun this year decorating the tree. 3 is such a fun age!
Hope made herself at home quickly under the tree. Louie was thinking about joining her.
He decided instead to enjoy the view with his old man.
Putting the angel on the tree. She didn't pop the angel's head off like she did last year. :)
Ta-da!! The dogs have on their Christmas apparel too!
Yes, we still have boxes all over the place and no pictures hung but this is what happens when you know you're only going to be somewhere a year. Christmas still came to the Stryker house! Santa didn't mind.
I tried to get out quite a bit with the girls to see all that Charlotte had to offer this time of year. We went to see the Berenstein bears Christmas orchestra. The girls loved it!
A bunch of motorized bears playing Christmas music. Fun and free (which makes it even more fun!!).
We made yummy Christmas cookies. I think this will be a new tradition.
My sous sprinkler.
You think she likes them? I thought mine tasted better with a glass of wine.
We took a 45 min drive to Spencer, NC to the Train Museum. We rode the Santa train. Here are Kinsley and Louie waiting for the train to arrive.
It's here!
Daddy and his adorable little reindeer.
Mommy and her elf!
Turns out Aubrey doesn't like Santa so much!
He is a little creepy...
Absolutely love this one. Kinsley in her glasses and antlers and Aubrey losing it... Perfect Christmas pic of the kids. :) Ha!
She recovered well.
Kinsley wanted a picture in front of the train.
And one of the conductor.
Kinsley and Louie got to ride the biggest working turn table in the nation.
There were some crafts after the train ride. Not sure who is having more fun in this picture.
Then we walked around and checked out all the old steam engines and cabooses. They were pretty impressive. It was a good day.
A couple of the moms from Kinsley's class decided to have a Christmas party for the kids. It was a lot of fun! They decorated "gingerbread" houses and made reindeer food. They had a blast!
She loves the kiddos in her class!
We made it out to the Billy Graham Library. They have a live nativity at night with thousands of lights and carriage rides. It gets crazy busy at night so we went during the day and got to pet the animals. Much better plan I think!
The estate was beautiful. I bet it's gorgeous at night all lit up.
One of my favorite from the season. Snagged this pic in front of the giant tree inside the Library. Both smiling!!
Our advent calendar this year. We added a cotton ball every morning. His beard kept growing and growing.
Christmas eve before church.
Best two pics I could get... It's a little challenging to catch them both smiling at the same time.
Our family pic with the camera on a timer... :)
I loved the back of Miss A's dress. :)
The girls got to open one gift on Christmas eve.
Christmas PJs!! Then it was time to leave food out for the reindeer, write a letter to Santa and leave out some cookies. We also read the Christmas story from the children's Bible and attempted to read the Polar Express. I say attempted, because Kinsley basically told us the whole story (from the movie) as we looked at the pictures. Louie kept trying to read and she kept interrupting to tell us about what was going on in the picture, so we gave in and let her tell us the story. :)
It was a Toy Story 3 Christmas! Santa told me he found a great deal on Craigslist and at the resale shop! Kinsley was thrilled!!
Aubrey got a new Wheely Bug from Santa (also a Craigslist buy, I hear).
I started a new tradition this year. I got the idea from a lady in my Bible study. As soon as the nativity came out in early December, Baby Jesus went into hiding. The girls had to find him first thing Christmas morning. It helped us to bring the focus back onto Jesus that morning.
Kinsley showing me the Baby Jesus she found hiding in the kitchen.
Reading the letter from Santa on "official Santa Claus" letterhead. :)
The girls opening eachother's gifts.
Daddy opening his gift from the girls. He got a cake container and a small lantern because "Daddy likes to make cakes and go camping."
Aubrey trying out her new ladybug. Kinsley told Aubrey "You have to share, Aubrey." Hmmmm....
We were off to Texas on Dec 26th, so there are a lot more pictures coming from our trip. Plus, Miss Aubrey turned 1 yesterday!! I can hardly believe my little peanut is one! I'm off to bed though. I'll try not to let two more months pass before my next post. Sigh. Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment