Did we fall of the face of the earth??!!?? Kind-of. Things have been a little crazy around here. I won't go into a lot of detail but here is a summary:
-Family trip to the Wisconsin Dells was a complete failure with a very sick almost 3 year old. We only managed to leave the hotel room twice. Once for a trip to the ER to make sure she didn't have appendicitis and another to evacuate at 12AM because the fire alarm went off. It was not a fun trip but we made it through and Kinsley is now back to her happy go-lucky self.
-Aubrey has decided to once again throw us for a loop. We thought she might be teething but nothing has popped through those pink little gums yet. She does NOT like bed time and we have tried everything under the sun to get her to fall asleep. You think it's time for sleep training? We do too!! Aubrey does not! We attempted 3-4 days of cry-it-out and after the last 30 minute stint of screaming and a child with broken blood vessels on her face (yes... I felt like a terrible mom!), we tossed that plan and are starting over. She also decided she did not want to sleep through the night and in fact, decided waking every 1-3 hours would be more fun. Sigh. One minute I think we have it figured out, the next minute I think my head may fall off.
-Louie graduated!! Yay! We had graduation on a Friday night and the Farewell Orthopedic Banquet/Road on Saturday. We went to a baseball game Sunday and one last gathering at the pool with his class Monday night. I'm still having trouble processing the idea that he's completed his residency.
-We're getting ready for our move. After five, yes FIVE, rental homes, we finally have a house in Charlotte. We have no idea what the inside looks like but know it's in a good neighborhood, close to Louie's work and Kinsley's preschool, and is a 3 bedroom 2 bath with a 2 car garage. There is not a fenced yard so we're still trying to figure out how we will handle the dogs. It's our next adventure!
-I'm also cleaning out the house. I've pretty much cleaned out every room in the house except for Louie's hunting stuff, his clothes and the garage. I had 3 big boxes labeled Donate, Sell, and Trash and have gotten rid of most of it. I've also been working on setting up/canceling utilities and completing all the fun paperwork that goes along with a move. Our current plan is to load the truck on July 16, begin our drive to NC on July 17, arrive in Charlotte on July 18, unload on July 19 (our anniversary, yee-haw!) and Louie has his first OrthoCarolinas obligation the evening of July 19. Wish us luck!
-Louie is getting ready for his orthopedic boards and is currently at "ortho camp" in Maine studying. He's gone for 2 weeks and says he's stuck in Groundhog Day. Wake up, study, eat, study, eat, study, run, nap, study, eat, study, sleep, repeat. Does not sound like fun to me in his no AC dorm room, community bath, with twin bed, but I will admit I am slightly... no seriously, jealous of his uninterrupted sleep.
-My mom and sister, Sarah were in town for a week while Louie has been gone. Their help was literally priceless! Thank. The. Lord. Their visits to Rochester have changed a bit over the past 5 years. It began in 2007 with lots of sightseeing, trips to the cities, marathon shopping trips at the Mall of America and has transformed to helping me not drown in the chaos that is currently my life. I love my life, really I do, but it is crazier than I ever thought imaginable and appreciate every second of help I get from friends and family. :)
So, how's that for a summary?? Ha! I've never been one who's short on words! Aubrey's 5 month (yes, she's almost 6 months now) watch me-grow update is coming soon!
GET READY FOR PICTURE OVERLOAD!
These pictures are truly in no particular order... the girls are about to wake up from nap so this is what you get. :)
 |
| Kinsley with Coach Allison at JETS Gymnastics. She LOVED her! That's Kinsley's attempt at a smile. |
 |
| Kinsley's last class of gymnastics! |
 |
| This is her trying to smile... |
 |
| Grandpa Marcus sent a "Get Well" card with $5 inside. Do you think she's feeling better?? |
 |
| A baseball game graduation weekend. (First weekend in June) |
 |
| My sweet-pea. |
 |
| A last get-together with Louie's class. Kinsley was having a blast with Daddy. |
 |
| This is how Aubrey and I took in the poolside fun. |
 |
| Peter, Laura and their sweet William. |
 |
| Hillary, Lesley (Baby Josiah) and Jessica |
 |
| Matt and his cutie, Cooper. |
 |
| Practicing some acrobatics with Daddy. |
 |
| One of our attempts to move Aubrey from the swing to her pacnplay (for our move). She's sleeping!! |
 |
| At the Rochesterfest Parade while my sister and mom were in town. Again, with Kinsley's smile.... |
 |
| Miss Aubrey watching the parade in her new outfit from Mimi! |
 |
| Kinsley playing with her new water table. She loves being outside! |
 |
| How Kinsley spent nearly all of our vacation... on the couch. |
 |
| Our view from our room in the Wisconsin Dells. |
 |
| Kinsley's bed on our trip... no more pacnplay for Miss Kins. |
 |
| Finally getting her to eat a little something. |
 |
| A brief reprieve... we thought she was on the mend, until her fever spiked back up about 30 minutes later. :( |
 |
| Graduation!! (From bottom left: Matt Wendt, Jessica Woodcock, Matt Abdel, Hillary Becker, Louie. Top left: David Jones, Adam Sassoon, Mark Morrey, and Peter Rhee) We're going to miss this crew! |
 |
| Matt and Megan at the Ortho Roast |
 |
| Mark and Ruth |
 |
| Peter and Laura |
 |
| David and Lesley |
 |
| Adam and Traci |
 |
| Hillary and Kent |
 |
| Lesley and Jessica - since her hubby was away serving in Afghanistan. |
 |
| Laughing at Matt Abdel's roast |
 |
| Alex and Matt |
 |
| Adam, Peter, and Matt celebrating after the banquet. |
 |
| Matt, Louie and Brad (Louie's Junior on the trauma service) |
 |
| All but a few out celebrating! |
 |
| Me and my sweetie. |
 |
| Our birthday note to Grommie. |
 |
| Louie and I out for our celebration steak dinner the day before Louie's last day of work on June 14! Thank you so much Marcus!! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!! :) |
 |
| Aunt Rah-Rah and Kins having some much needed QT. |
 |
| Kinsley and Mimi |
 |
| Kinsley wanted to have a mustache like her Papa. :) I took the girls to an 1860s baseball game. We had a surprisingly good time, just the 3 of us. |
 |
| Root beer floats are delicious! When the server asked Kins if she wanted just root beer or just ice cream or both, she promptly replied "Just beer!" Ha! |
That's all for now!! An all about Aubrey post is coming soon! I've been saving up on pictures of her! :) She's getting sooooo big! :)
Love,
C
No comments:
Post a Comment