Monday, January 23, 2012

Kinsley and Aubrey Meet!

The evening after Aubrey was born, my mom and Louie brought Kinsley up to meet her. I was super excited! I had an outfit picked out for Kins to wear made from Aubrey's nursery fabric, the girls had gifts for each other, and I was attempting to put on make-up and look half-way decent (considering I was still battling the remnants of the stomach flu).  I was also really missing Kinsley and couldn't wait to see her. She was excited to see her mama too! Here are the pictures from this special introduction as well as the rest of our hospital stay. (Unfortunately, my camera was still on a setting from the delivery room so most of the pictures came out very dark. Sigh.)

First peak at her little sister.

Wanted to touch and hold her immediately. 



Mimi's first meeting as well!

Mimi brought a gift for Kinsley. It's a new baby doll, which Kinsley has aptly named Aubrey.

Helping Aubrey open her gift from Kins.

She got her a rattle and a zebra pull toy.

Kins opening her gift from Aubrey.

It's a "band in a box." Including a tambourine, triangle, castanets, maracas, and more! Aubrey loves it when Kinsley plays her instruments for her... Aubrey actually just sleeps through the entire concert, 

First picture as a family of FOUR!

Mimi with her two grand babies! Kinsley is saying "cheeeeeese!!" 

The next day, Kinsley and Mimi came up for a little while. This is Aubrey's first bath. (I was on isolation bc of the stomach flu so any staff person who entered my room had to gown up to enter.)

We had quite a few visitors but I only snapped a couple of photos. Here is our friend Anne with Aubrey. :)

Melissa stopped by and dropped off Aubrey's new hat (from Turkey!!). Our friends' Emily and Kylie, and Rebecca, Rachele and Ellasen stopped by too but I didn't get a chance to get pictures. 

Kinsley was hamming it up for the camera on "go-home day from the hospital" so Louie snapped a pic.

Aubrey's all ready!!

Another picture of the 4 of us. :)

My MN baby ready for the cold, although it was over 50 degrees that day and gorgeous!! We were so fortunate to have winter hold off until after Aubrey was born!

Ready to go home.

Our backseat is full of carseats!!

The dogs had to get a sniff.
Of course I have tons more to post about the past two weeks but I'll have to get to it when I can.

Much love!!
Catherine

No comments: