We have been keeping ourselves busy with experiencing all that Jacksonville has to offer this holiday season. There is a great public library system in JAX and I've been trying to make it to story time since we arrived. On Thursday I was determined to go and showed up to a very vacant children's section... I was at the wrong library. No holiday story time for us. Oops! Kinsley and I made the best of it and checked out some Christmas books and DVDs.
"I like this one Mom."
Is she trying to tell me something?
"Look at all these books, Mom! It's fabulous!"
There was a great play area too!
Learning how to sort shapes. Such a big girl!
Kissing Curious George goodbye.
Louie had the weekend off, so Saturday morning we headed south to St. Augustine. It's the oldest town in the nation, or so they claim. We went to see their annual Christmas parade and welcome Santa to the city. It was your typical small town parade, but we enjoyed it and definitely enjoyed the weather.
Waiting for the parade to start.
Santa winding up the parade.
Had to include this next pic. It doesn't quite do justice to Kinsley's baby tan but since we are done with our swimsuit days until next summer I thought I'd show you what 6 months of fun in the sun looks like. This is with 50 +SPF for every outing. She's also showing off her new trick... blowing bubbles.
1 comment:
I'm sure nothing I say will convince you, but it's actually NOT miserable here! You just have to embrace the beauty of fireplaces, hot tea, and comfy sweaters! Nothing says "Christmas" like a blanket of fresh white snow! (Of course I'm a MN girl, all the way, so this is slightly biased! :) Can't wait to have you back!
Post a Comment