Monday, September 6, 2010

Kinsley's 1st Birthday Party!

Kinsley's 1st birthday party was such a sweet, perfect day!  The weather was beautiful, Kinsley was in a good mood, and we were surrounded by some of our family and friends.  In an ideal world we would have had all grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins here but, until we make the move back to Texas, we will get by on phone calls, web cam and the occasional visitors.  Not to mention, we have built such a family here with so many wonderful friends who want to share in these momentous occasions with us.  I really feel very fortunate to have so many people who care and love Kinsley.  Okay, enought rambling... on to the party!
Kinsely was rockin' a "My First Birthday" onesie and a fabulous pink and green tutu!

Louie and I decided to have a small cookout, San Antonio style.  Louie did all the cooking.  I was such a proud wife because everything tasted so good.  He really outdid himself.  We had homemade salsa, black bean dip (his parent's yummy recipe), pico de gallo, sangria, chicken and beef fajitas, and some delicious guac that our friend Megan made.  I was in charge of the dessert. 

Kinsley had a "Cars" theme given that she's been slightly obsessed with the movie since about 4 months of age.  I cannot tell you the number of times that we've seen that movie but I can tell you that parts of it skip now because it's getting worn out.  I wasn't planning on having any decorations but when I saw Walmart had their Cars decorations on clearance, I decided it was fate. Nothing big or exciting but it was rather perfect for us. 

Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing and red sprinkles.

Kinsley had a giant cupcake with Lightning McQueen himself on top.

Her Cars "Happy Birthday" banner.
And, of course, balloons.  She's mesmorized by these things. Everytime we walk by the stairs she has to touch and play with them.  Three weeks later they are still full and floating above our staircase.  These are some amazing balloons!

Family pic with the bday girl!
Leigh Ann and Victoria drove up from San Antonio to bring us Andrew's train table and my mom decided to come up last minute.  So fun to have a few family members with us to celebrate!

Then it was time for the cake! I thought we were being a little over cautious about the possible mess but turns out, when it was all said and done, we had to dunk her right in the bath tub.  She made a fabulous mess!



Here is the "after" picuture.  I wonder if she likes chocolate?!?
After we got Kins all cleaned up, it was time for presents.  Kinsley was spoiled rotten with lots of fun gifts from grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and family friends.  She has had so much fun playing with her new toys and books!

Louie and I got Kinsley her first baby doll. 
Her favorite gift was her new Veggie Tales singing toothbrush.  She carries it around everywhere with her. :)

At the end of the night we had one very sleepy little girl.

Overall, it was a great evening and I look forward to many more to come... but not too soon please! :)

No comments: