Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall, Summer, Fall, Winter

We're goofing with the seasons here in the Stryker household.  It's definitely the beginning of fall here in Rochester and we are enjoying all that fall has to offer, but not for long. On Thursday we are headed south... way south... Florida south for 3 MONTHS! Last I heard, they are still enjoying some warm weather down there so hopefully we will get a little beach time in before fall arrives in Florida.  The crazy thing is that as cold as it has been here in Rochester lately, is as cold as it's going to get down in Florida. 55 degrees is their winter. Yahoo for putting a hold on pulling out the winter coats! Bad news is, when we return to the Great North in January, we'll be experiencing about a 60 degree swing.  Should be an adventure.
Speaking of adventures, the drive down there should definitely be one. We're renting a trailer and then packing up the family and hitting the road.  I've been asking people for tips about driving long distances with a one-year-old and people keep asking why Kinsley and I aren't flying and just meeting Louie down there.  Don't tell Louie, but this is exactly what he wanted us to do but no, I wanted to do this trip as a family.  This one just might bite me in the rear.  We may be flying back. :)
Other than running around like a crazy person trying to get us ready for the move, I had a little visit from my sister, Sarah. It was a nice break in pace and we had a really good visit.  I was very sad to see her go this morning.  Below are a few pics of our trip to the apple orchard.  I had to get that in before we left.  I'm actually quite disappointed we are missing fall.  It really is beautiful in Minnesota.
That's all for now. It might be a while until we are settled in Jacksonville but I'll try to post new info as soon as I can. 
By the way, our mail is being forwarded to Florida so no need to send stuff to a new address, but if you need it we will be at 4460 Hodges Blvd Apt. #1521, Jacksonville, FL 32224
Talk to y'all soon!!
Catherine
Kinsley, me and Sarah posing in front of some apple trees.
Kinsley loved the apples. After every bite she'd say "mmmmmm."
Getting a little bored looking at apples.
This sign says "boo."
How cute is she!?! She's sportin' her new winter hat from Uncle Bub and Aunt Sarah.
Riding back down to the car in all her bright colors. :)

Kinsley got a fun bday gift from her Grandma Shorty (Louie's mom). We're teaching money management early.  She's got a little ways to go until she's got the full understanding... :)  

1 comment:

Jessica SG said...

We'll miss you guys, but have an awesome time in FL! I can't wait to hear how it is!! Good luck with the road trip - my biggest tip is to schedule long drives around her sleeping (so if that means getting up really early in the AM, do it!) and a DVD player :) You guys will do great.