Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new.

Well.... sort-of.  Kinsley turns one on Friday and I have been thinking more and more about how we are going to get rid of the pacifier.  I am the first to admit that we have used the pacifier as a crutch and have encouraged her to use it, but I love the fact that she can totally self-soothe herself and has been able to do so for quite a while now.  We can be in the car, and she starts to feel a little fussy so she plops the paci in and is a happy camper.  How on earth are we going to transition from the pacifier?? Problem solved!! Check out this video! Ha!!
So, not really but it was a nice thought!

This past week had a few new firsts for Kinsley:
First time at the county fair.


First time on a horse.


She wasn't too sure about this.


First time eating spaghetti.


You think she liked it??

Louie and I had a first for us this week too.  We made fried catfish and hush puppies and by "we," I mean Louie did all the cooking and I did all the cleaning.  It was delicious!

First course: salad


Bring on the fried food! Here's a pic of Louie frying up the catfish.


And some yummy hush puppies. 

A lot more seafood is to come when we head down to Jacksonville, FL Oct-Dec so that Louie can do a pediatric rotation.  I'm looking forward to some good seafood. Funny enough there is not a lot of great seafood places in Rochester, MN. Hmmmm...

Have a happy rest of the week.  More posts to come with pics of Kinsley's first birthday!!

1 comment:

Rachel and Hans said...

Happy Birthday to Kinsley today!!!