I put together some random pictures from Jan./Feb. that I thought you all might get a kick out of. The first set of pictures in the slide show is from this year's Polar Bear Plunge. In case you don't remember from last year, the way it works is teams of people get together and raise money for the event (similar to a marathon). This event benefits the Special Olympics. Then on Feb. 14th they head out to a small lake, cut a hole in the ice and the teams take turns jumping in the water. Crazy!! This year was actually a lot warmer than last year. Last year, the windchill was about -20 and this year is was a tropical 10 degrees. Because of the "warm front" there was a much better turn out this year and the costumes were in full swing. Brrrr!
The next couple of pictures are from our friend Emily's Golden Birthday. What you ask is a Golden Birthday?? Well, evidently the people from the north have an extra special celebration when you turn the age of your birthdate. For example, my Golden Birthday was when I turned 18 because I was born on Feb. 18th. Darn! I missed the opportunity to dress in gold! Emily took dressing in gold to a whole new level. I had no idea they made gold spandex!
The last few pictures are just random pictures. One from a hockey game and two of my students from school. Enjoy!!
This was a video clip I took of a very creative group just before
they plunged into the water at the Polar Bear Plunge.
No comments:
Post a Comment