I know, I know... I haven't posted on the blog in quite a while. I was waiting for winter to leave and spring to arrive and it took forever! All the tulips, dandelions, and beautiful trees arrived all at once. I hear it's in the 90s in Texas. For the first time since the move, I'm actually enjoying the weather here more than I would be in Texas. Not sure how long this will last but we are eating up every minute. I've been walking with the dogs around Silver Lake Park and Louie is fly fishing with the boys as I type. 
The first week of April I had spring break and spent the week in San Antonio. I had a blast with my family and friends. The highlight of my trip was getting to meet the newest member to our "girls crew." Allison had a beautiful baby boy on Feb. 14. I could not get enough of him.

We celebrated Striper's third birthday on April 22nd. Actually I did all the celebrating and Louie did all the laughing... at me for celebrating a dog's birthday. Oh well. :)
Late April, I was chatting with my dad on the phone when I looked out in our backyard and spotted this Barn Owl. It was just hanging out in our pine tree. I could not believe it! Louie kept laughing at me because I couldn't figure out my zoom so I was worried I was going to miss the photo op. As you can see, I finally figured out how to work the zoom.

The first weekend in May, my friends Lisa and Lesley came for a visit. It was really great to see them and catch up. It meant so much that they came to visit and I could show them "our world" in Minnesota.

This coming weekend Louie and I are headed south for the Wedding Week. My step-brother Luke is getting married on the 24th in Round Rock and my brother John is getting married in San Antonio on the 31st. We plan to squeeze in a trip to Houston at the beginning of the week and basically eat as much Mexican food as physically possible. Louie hasn't been back to Texas since we moved up here and he's itching to have some real chips and salsa and margaritas. :)
We are hoping to catch up with many of you on this trip. Talk to you soon!
Love, Catherine & Louie
3 comments:
Yay, a post! We're looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Have a safe trip down here!
Give us a call when you're in town, though I'm sure you are probably already booked up. That baby looked so good in your arms... and what a beautiful baby you two would create! Oh, one day I'm sure! Sounds like you're settling in after surviving your first winter and that's just fabulous! Miss you!
The Graces
I totally understand what you mean about the weather in spring. It has been gorgeous over here. Highs in the 60s and 70s lows in the 50s. There has to be place that has the great Mexican food of Texas with year round gorgeous weather, right? In our dreams. Despite the nice weather here, I miss Texas. See you there next week!
Post a Comment