Louie and I attended our first ever Polar Bear Plunge this past weekend. Evidently these people form teams and get sponsers to raise money for the Special Olympics. Then on the Plunge Day, they strip down to their swim trunks and jump in the freezing water. (I thought this was a joke when I first heard about it.) I'm all for donating to a good cause, but I would much rather just give money to the organization without risking the chance of hypothermia. Just to give you an idea of the temp. outside that day, I had to go to the car to warm up my hands after about 10 minutes. My fingers were burning due to the -9 windchill factor. When the temp/wind chill is in the negatives you are not supposed to be outside for longer than 10 minutes because of the quick onset of frostbite ... so that should give you some insight into this crazy event.
Enjoy the pictures!
4 comments:
LOL your two most recent posts are exact opposites! Looks like you are starting to get into the whole Minnesota lifestyle. Miss you guys!
That's hilariously STUPID! I'm with you on making the donation while keeping myself warm and cozy!
POST A NEW BLOG! WHATS GOING ON OVER THERE?!
For real, we need an update!! Hey, we're updating tomorrow, so we expect to see the same from y'all. :o)
Post a Comment