Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas 2007

We celebrated Christmas with Louie's parents, Garvin and Carol. It was great to visit with them and Louie was able to enjoy some of his mom's home cooking as an added bonus. Carol made our stockings... and yes, Striper and Trout have stockings too.
Striper was a little overwhelmed by the opening of her stocking. Trout's favorite Christmas gift.



Striper's paws have been cracking because of the cold, dry weather. We got her some booties to try to alleviate the problem. This did not go over well.





I left Rochester on the 27th and headed to Texas... ahhhhhh, Texas. It was a balmy 65 degrees when I arrived. My mom picked me up from the airport and we went straight to her house for Christmas with the family before my sister had to rush out to leave for a church ski trip that evening. Everyone was there for the celebration , except my hubby :)




Even John and Sarah were with us via webcam from Germany...

Luke found it pretty amusing to make Homer Simpson sneak attack John and Sarah on the webcam... it was pretty funny. :)

Even Heidi got into the Christmas spirit.

That Saturday my girlfriends and I threw a shower for the first "soon to be mom" of the crew. We are so excited for Allison and Chad and can't wait for Baby Lewis to arrive.

Sunday, I celebrated Christmas at my dad's house. Andrew was so excited because he got a Wii. We played it a lot and believe it or not, I was actually sore from all of the movement playing those video games... tennis, bowling, wrestling. Here is a clip of Andrew showing me his best boxing moves.



I got back to Rochester (but just barely) on New Year's Eve. Louie had his Christmas from my family when I got back. It was pretty exciting as you can tell from the pictures.



Happy New Years! Love, Catherine and Louie

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This post unlocked the mystery of who had the Homer figurine. Thanks!

I can sympathize with getting sore from playing games on the Wii. I remember I was hurting the day after playing the boxing game with my little brother.

Anonymous said...

Hi pumpkin!!! Thanks for the update from the north! Playa looked amazing! We hope to come visit you soon!! Well, as soon as the snow melts. HA!