It's official... I have been a resident in Rochester much longer than I have actually lived in Rochester. I have made two trips already back to Texas since we arrived here on June 12th. Oh well.
I just returned from San Antonio to visit my brother, John, before he heads to Germany and then on to Iraq. It was great seeing him and spending some quality time with him, although I was a little emotional. It was very difficult saying goodbye, especially since I am not sure of the next time I will see him. He leaves for Germany next weekend and he is stationed there for 2 years. He will be deployed to Iraq sometime before the end of the year. Please keep him and my family in your prayers. This is going to be a challenging time for all of us.
The picture was taken one night in San Antonio. John, his girlfriend, Sarah, and I met some friends out for some drinks. We had a lot of fun. John has such a sense of humor and is so witty. He keeps everyone laughing. :)
Louie has been working hard -or- hardly working. He is on a very light rotation so he has usually been home each day by two and only takes call about once a week. It has really been nice for us to ease into this whole residency thing. I get done with summer school around noon and we have had time to work on the house. We finished the "wood" floors in his office. I will post a picture soon. It looks great! Louie is on monthly rotations so next month should be a little more difficult. Some of the guys in Louie's class are really getting hammered. One of our buddies is on call this Friday, Sunday, and Tuesday... plus he is working all the other days of the week. Yikes!
Hope everyone is doing well.
Catherine
No comments:
Post a Comment