Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mrytle Beach!

We just got back from a quick weekend trip to Myrtle Beach. Louie finished up early on Friday so we headed out of town after we picked up Kinsley from school. It took about 4 hours to get down there but it was well worth the drive. We lucked out with an awesome room with an amazing view. I was able to get us the "owner's rate" for the condo. We were in heaven! Only problem was that it was such a short trip!  Both girls did great (which was a huge improvement from our last attempt at a family vacation to the Wisconsin Dells), with naps on the way down and back, and fairly good nights' sleep for both. Aubrey actually did a little bit better sleeping than Kinsley... how crazy is that?!? Any who, we hope to return at some point soon (if I can land us another good deal!) and enjoy some more sunshine. :)

Checking out our view when we arrived. Gotta love her attempt at smiling. :)

Kinsley's first picture. Pretty good! I love that you can see her reflection in the door over my left shoulder. 

While I was putting Aubrey down, Kinsley and Louie went down to check out the beach. You can just make them out... they're the cute pair closest to the water.

I tried to zoom in to catch a shot. Louie spotted me and pointed me out to Kinsley. She's waving frantically at me but I'm pretty sure she had no idea where I was.

What we woke up to on Saturday morning.

The view from our balcony!

We went down to the beach right after breakfast.

Aubrey exploring things the way she does best... with her mouth. 

Me and my girls! Kinsley had an adorable swimsuit on under her swim dress but said she wanted to keep her dress on. Smart girl... we must protect that beautiful skin!:)

Kinsley was not quite as adventurous as she was when we were down in Florida for Louie's rotation. She was only 1 1/2 then and has since decided that the ocean is best observed when holding Daddy's hand.

Aubrey discovered sand. Luckily I managed to keep it out of her mouth.
Here is a 22 second clip of Aubrey grabbing handfuls of sand and at the end showing off her new skill of clapping (with sand in her hands, so you'll have to cut her a break). :)

Two of my sweeties!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My grandmother used to live in North Myrtle Beach, so I have very fond memories of that crazy neonsignminigolfseafood extravaganza. I hope all is going well for you and the family in NC.