Louie, Kinsley, and I had a blast on our whirlwind trip to Texas. Here are a few of the pictures! I realized, after looking back through the pictures, that we were pretty much baby-less the whole time. Louie and I took advantage (maybe too much so!) of our family willing to babysit so we could go out at socialize. :) Thanks Fam!!
We kicked off Fiesta Week by going to a German-town party. Tons of German food and music... and lots of German beer. We had a great time!
Louie and his friend Nate being goofballs together, as usual. They bring out the best in each other!
The next day was the Battle of the Flowers Parade. It's a such a big deal in San Antonio that kids get the day off from school. Louie and I lathered on the sunscreen (it was 94 degrees that day) and headed downtown. Thanks to my dad and Leigh Ann who were our chauffeur's!
Gotta love those self portraits!
My favorite part of the parade is getting to see the beautiful (and EXPENSIVE) dresses. It's tradition to yell at the girls "show me your shoes" and they lift up their dresses and show off their custom made cowboy boots. Yes, it is strange.
All the dresses have elaborate trains covered in bling! The theme this year was The Court of Dazzling Adornment. Here is a link to all of the dresses. Slide Show of Fiesta 2010 Dresses
My favorite was the blue Harry Winston dress!
Nate and his wife, Jennifer. They were made for each other! :)
One of Nate and Jennifer's little ones. She was so sweet. She kept showing me her shoes. :)
Most of the bluebonnets were gone by the time we arrived. We had to hunt to find some for Kinsley's bluebonnet pictures, but the wildflowers were everywhere and beautiful. This was just a shot from our car stopped at a red light.
I'm so glad we got to see John and Sarah! The volcano in Iceland was trying it's hardest to keep them from traveling from Germany, but they finally made it on Wednesday before the Stryker family had to head back to MN on Saturday. This is a picture of them taken in front of their land. They purchased a lot last August so that when they move back to the states, they can start building. Yay, for everyone eventually living in San Antonio! I can't wait! Congrats John and Sarah on being land owners!! :)
There were a lot more fun adventures on our trip but I didn't think to pull out the camera. We ate a lot of Mexican food. We visited with friends, ( unfortunately, we didn't get to see everyone I had hoped to!), spent some time with family, and did some major damage at the San Marcos Outlet malls.
I'll leave you with one of my favorite purchases from Cavender's.
You can't tell from the picture but they are actually pretty small. A 4 1/2 kids size... still huge on Kinsley but lots of room to grow!
1 comment:
catherine! i love love love those cowboy (girl) boots!!! if we have a little girls sometime i will have to get some of those. too cute!
Post a Comment